Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
Physical Therapist (Pediatric) Part-time
Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
PTs provide physical therapy services to children from birth to age 21 with a variety of diagnoses and developmental delays by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assesses and evaluates patients’ functional limitations and creates a plan of care to address gross motor issues, equipment needs, and family goals.
- Tests and measures patients’ strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and cardiopulmonary efficiency, and records findings to develop/revise treatment programs.
- Able to administer active and passive manual therapeutic exercises to improve and maintain function; therapeutic massage; electrical modality treatments such as electrical stimulation; hot and cold packs; and traction to relieve neck and back pain.
- Measures patient’s joint range-of-motion, muscle strength via manual muscle testing, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments.
- Evaluates, fits and trains patients in the use and care of orthotic braces, prostheses, and assistive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs; adjusts devices as necessary; makes recommendations to orthotist.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to: perform various physical activities; learn and improve functional activities such as pre-ambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Instructs patients and families in treatment procedures for best carryover in multiple environments.
- Maintains accurate and timely patient reports and documentation in electronic medical records.
- Reviews individual files to obtain background information prior to evaluations to determine appropriate tests to administer and to ensure that all necessary information is collected.
- Administers, scores, and interprets evaluation reports in order to develop and modify an individualized treatment plan.
- Reviews treatment plans, and assesses individual performance to modify, change, or write new goals; observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients’ responses to treatments and progress.
- Consistently maintains high patient care productivity.
- Maintains an awareness of the patient attendance policy, enforcing it impartially and consistently at all times.
- Acts as a consultant to educational, medical, and other professional groups as well as fellow staff members.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to incorporate physical therapy goals into daily activities.
- Researches and implements new physical therapy techniques.
- Refers patients for other services, whether internal or external, as warranted and appropriate.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy with related experience and/or training.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software and web-based applications such as electronic medical records.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Active and unencumbered Tennessee State PT License required; American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification with skills testing required; membership in APTA recommended; HIPAA certification encouraged.
Benefits based on number of hours worked.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: March 6, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 05/08/2023
- Salary Range: TBD
- Working Hours: TBD