Men of Valor
Men of Valor
Men of Valor is a nonprofit organization committed to winning men in prison to Jesus Christ and discipling them. Our purpose is to equip them to re-enter society as men of integrity – becoming givers to the community rather than takers.
Nationally, 70% of men released from prison will return. When released from prison in Tennessee, a man can receive up to $30 if he does not have any money. If he is released on probation or parole he is eligible for a non-transferable ticket for the least expensive means of transportation to his approved parole or probation residence when private transportation is not available. Many men have burned bridges. Employment possibilities are limited due to a lack of skills and a criminal record. Many become homeless, and others end up living with ex-felons and addicts. Too often, these men fall back into the same behaviors that landed them in prison.
A Ministry of Hope: Men of Valor’s Aftercare and Re-Entry program allows participants who are released into the discipleship academy to immediately overcome these daunting obstacles. The participants are picked up at the prison door by one of our staff or volunteers upon release. Men of Valor welcomes them into a home and provides for their basic needs: clothing, groceries, transportation, assistance in securing identification, and part-time employment during their first six months. The one-year program is aimed at giving these men the support, skills, and accountability they need to live independently and succeed in the community. Men who complete Men of Valor’s year-long Aftercare and Re-entry program have a recidivism rate of below 15%.
The Philanthropy Officer role with Men of Valor offers an opportunity to be part of a thriving organization where lives, families, and generations are transformed.
Consider the immediate impact a man who has committed his life to the Lord will have on his family, his parents, his siblings, his children, his grandchildren – they will all be impacted by the Gospel of Jesus Christ being lived out in the life of one man. The incoming Philanthropy Officer for Men of Valor will join a passionate, committed team and have a profound opportunity to greatly expand MOV’s resources and capacity to reconcile men to God, their families, and society.
The Philanthropy Officer is responsible for identifying, soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding a portfolio of mid-level individual donors. This includes assisting in the creation and implementation of development strategies, communication with donors, and soliciting annual, mid-level and major gifts from individuals. The Philanthropy Officer will also partner with the Nashville team to expand corporate sponsorships. This person is responsible for raising
funds in alignment with the mission and core values of MOV and working toward annual and long-term revenue goals.
The Philanthropy Officer reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer.
- Raise funds to enable the mission of MOV by cultivating and managing a portfolio of annual and mid-level individual donors and prospects via personal or video conferencing visits, phone calls, ongoing written contact, and events.
- Assist in identification of new prospects, donors, and volunteers.
- Build on relationships to expand and secure corporate sponsorships for MOV events.
- Monitor and regularly report on progress to Leadership Team.
- Responsible for designing, revising, and implementing a giving plan for every donor in their portfolio to reach an annual production goal.
- Develop an appropriate stewardship plan for the portfolio that demonstrates appreciation, recognition, and engagement of donors.
- Use donor database to keep donor records up to date, track progress, and plan.
- Build and maintain a strong working knowledge of MOV’s impactful work in order to inform and inspire prospective and existing donors about the work.
- This position will be based remotely in or near Nashville, Tennessee. The Philanthropy Officer will travel to visit with donors across the middle Tennessee area, including at the Antioch, Tennessee MOV campus.
- Experience in fundraising, non-profit management, sales, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of two to five years of successful individual gifts development and fundraising experience and/or revenue development experience.
- Experience using donor database software.
- Proven track record of cultivating relationships, securing funding, and achieving revenue targets.
- Experience developing communications projects and managing multiple projects.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- A high level of professionalism, tact, and integrity is a must.
- Experience working with the Nashville area philanthropic community preferred.
- Commitment to the MOV mission and the ability to work respectfully with all people.
Men of Valor provides excellent medical, dental, vision, PTO, and retirement benefits.
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000, depending on experience.
This position will be based remotely in or near Nashville, Tennessee. The Philanthropy Officer will travel to visit with donors in the Nashville area and at the Antioch, Tennessee MOV campus.
How to Apply
Men of Valor has retained the services of ThinkingAhead Executive Search.
Interested applicants should send a resume and statement of interest to Chris Spagnola, Partner: email@example.com.
- Date Posted: October 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development