YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Pet Shelter Manager
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. YWCA Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Pet Shelter Manager is responsible for ensuring that all animals in the YWCA Pet Shelter are cared for properly and humanely and that the Clients of the Domestic Violence Shelter (DVC) have opportunity to care for and spend time with their animal. Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of all records and files as well as the general upkeep of the facility and grounds.
- Assists AVP in the development and implementation of Pet Shelter/Staff operating procedures and protocols.
- Ensures that all animals in the Pet Shelter are cared for properly and humanely and that all quarantine protocols are followed.
- Ensures that all Pet Shelter operating procedures are followed, and the facility is maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Ensures that all animal health and vaccination records are up to date. Records and reports any health and or safety issues as outlines in Pet Shelter Operation Manual
- Assists with hiring and training of Kennel Staff; Supervises Kennel Staff leading by example and providing guidance, direction, and oversight.
- Ensures the accuracy of all forms, documents, records.
- Entry and tracking of data in ETO.
- Lead the strategic planning activities, reporting, and planning as required by Grants and the YWCA
- Assists with developing and maintaining budget
- In partnership with the Maintenance Tech & the AVP, assists in the resolution of any facilities-related issues, including but not limited to contacting appropriate vendors, coordinating vendor site visits and ensuring the issue is resolved – following all maintenance protocols.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and work closely with the Director of Community Engagement to maintain the Pet Shelter Wish List.
- Provides information and assistance to Pet Owners as necessary or requested.
- Update educational materials (e.g., DV101) with pet shelter content.
- Schedule appointments and assist with transporting animals for care, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires a high school diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of three years of successful management of either a licensed Pet Kennel/Animal Care Clinic or a 501C3 Pet Shelter/Rescue Organization. Management must include the direct care of animals, supervision of staff, and maintenance of records. Must be able to read, write, and converse in English. Conversational Spanish is a plus but not required. ability to communicate in Spanish a plus. Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to travel inside the Pet Shelter Facility as well as the Pet Shelter Play Area; Must be able to take dogs outside for exercise.
- Able to lift/transport up to 75 lbs.
- Able to crouch, crawl, balance, climb, stretch, reach.
- Able to tolerate loud noise.
- Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization and community; excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with and respectfully address culturally diverse populations.
- Exercises patience and maintains a calm presence in all interactions.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserve the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: March 31, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Salary Range: $40 - $45K
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk.