Nashville Humane Association
Pet Services Representative
Nashville Humane Association
A Pet Services Representative at Nashville Humane Association loves pets, loves people, and loves helping people meet their matches and find their future furry family members. An NHA Pet Services Rep counsels the public about adoptions, reviews adoption applications, updates shelter operations/pet information system, maintains a clean and sterile work environment, and provides first-class people and pet care as a front-facing member of the NHA team.
This Pet Services Representative position is a Full-Time position at NHA, which means 40 hours/week. We’re looking for someone who is able to work flexible hours, including into the early evening (the shelter closes at 5 p.m. daily), at least one weekend day, and sometimes holidays.
Here’s a bit more detail about the day-to-day work tasks that a Pet Services Representative will be asked to perform on a regular or semi-regular basis:
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ADOPTION COUNSELING
· Work with public to provide first-class customer service to public with information about NHA policies, procedures, adoption process and other various information requested or necessary.
· Counsel potential adopters about responsible pet ownership, what it means to own a pet, the basics surrounding pet care, training, and how to integrate a pet into your household.
· Interview potential adopters utilizing NHA adoption policies to help make the best possible matches based on the adopting family’s life circumstances.
· Review adoption applications, interview applicants, and collect the information necessary to complete an adoption from Nashville Humane.
· Answer questions from the public about pets for adoption, their specific behaviors, NHA’s adoption process, our policies and procedures. Answer emails, phone calls, and public requests in a prompt, professional and informative manner.
· Assist public with a full-service approach to the adoption process, guiding them through every step from the time they enter the shelter, until completion of adoption and beyond.
ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS AND CLERICAL WORK
· Accurately input all information necessary to complete an adoption into the system software, providing all information required in a timely and efficient manner.
· Follow up with NHA adopters at regular incremented timeframes to ensure that the adoptions are going well and that the adopting families do not require any additional assistance.
· Receive, load, and unload supplies, donation items, shelter gifts and other inventory items as received by the shelter ensuring they are all adequately stored and organized.
· Manage Shelter Merch operations including inventory, sales, reorders and assist the public with all NHA Merch-related questions or topics.
· Assists shelter operations with providing a clean and sanitary pet services area that is welcoming, clean and organized for customers and the general public. Additionally able to provide basic cleaning, dishes, laundry and other shelter tasks as assigned by shelter leadership.
· Walking dogs, supporting animals on basic training skills and exercise, animal enrichment and basic animal maintenance.
· Support NHA events, outreach, fundraising and other tasks as necessary, as requested by shelter leadership.
· Solicit for donations and suggestively sell retail products, promote NHA services, and share information about adoption promotions and other pertinent information.
· Responsible for tasks which help to increase the number of adoptions such as collaborating with Marketing team to collect content or assist in content collection processes.
Basic computer experience including shelter operations software (Shelterluv), MS Office Suite, email and calendar. Able to work flexible hours including some nights, weekends, holidays.
Should be friendly, customer service oriented, organized, dependable, have strong communication skills, strong time management skills, a hard worker, dedicated to service, and willing to go the extra mile to help shelter pets in need.
Provides quality animal and people care in accordance with the NHA mission, goals and management philosophy. Must be physically active, reliable, compassionate, and willing to learn and follow NHA protocols for cleaning, sanitation, animal handling, and maintaining confidentiality. Experience with animals a plus but not required. Other duties may be assigned. Ability to complete tasks easily and repeatedly like mopping, scrubbing, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Ability to work in inclement weather. Ability to work with varied animal species. Self-motivation, teamwork, strong communication skills & ability to handle stress in a calm, respectful manner. Ability and willingness to work a varied work schedule including weekends and holidays. NHA is a drug free environment. Reliable transportation is a must and the responsibility of the employee. Able to successfully travel and maneuver within the day-to-day workspace. Valid Driver’s License. All positions require working with, and in direct contact to, shelter animals and various other wildlife.
Paid Time Off
Simple IRA with matching up to 3%
How to Apply
Send an updated Resume/Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Cover letter: sell us on customer service, how are you reliable, dependable and hard working? Set yourself apart.
- Date Posted: September 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 10/11/2021
- Salary Range: 15.00 hour
- Working Hours: Varies