Crossroads Campus (d.b.a. Crossroads Pets- Shop & Adopt
Pet Retail Store Manager (Social Enterprise)
Crossroads Campus (d.b.a. Crossroads Pets- Shop & Adopt
Do you have retail management experience and a passion for helping young people and animals? If you want to put your skills to work for an amazing purpose, please read the following job description and decide if our Crossroads Pets store is the right place for you.
Crossroads Campus was founded in 2010 and is an IRS designated 501(c)(3) serving Nashville, Tennessee. We are committed to improving the community and the world around us by bringing neglected animals and young people together to learn from each other and heal together. Through our programs, we enhance empathy and compassion for all living things through positive interactions with animals. We educate and empower people to take care of their pets, we find loving homes for dogs and cats and we offer affordable housing and an entrance to the workforce for young adults who have been impacted by inequity, time in foster care or other traumas.
Reporting to the Director of Social Enterprise, the Retail Store Manager plans and directs the day-to-day operations of Crossroads Pets- Shop & Adopt, a mission-based pet retail store and animal adoption center within Crossroads Campus, a youth and animal welfare nonprofit organization.
Crossroads Pets- Shop & Adopt is an independent retail store (social enterprise) that furthers Crossroads Campus’ mission by generating revenue for the organization and serving as the primary venue for providing job skills training to the youth (interns) Crossroads Campus serves. The Retail Store Manager drives profitability through effective merchandising, promotions and excellent customer service. The retail store manager also supervises, coaches and develops interns and helps them develop critical job skills.
- Assess inventory weekly; responsible for end-to-end process of ordering (as needed), and receiving product
- Price, or supervise pricing, and rotating of product
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge and train others accordingly
- Observe customer and retail trends and assess product sales to suggest any adjustments or enhancements to product mix
- Meet with new vendors and decide whether to purchase
- Make special order requests for customers
- Responsible for overall store maintenance
- Ensure that the store is kept neat, clean and odor-free, well lit and properly heated/cooled
- Display merchandise in an organized, eye-catching manner.
- Ensure that the store meets customer expectations and aligns to its brand characteristics
- Ensure that all signage bearing the store’s name and logo is installed in the right place and is visible and well-maintained
- Drive a customer-centric culture that emphasizes customer safety, comfort and satisfaction
- Work with interns to provide excellent customer, provide customer service training as needed.
- Make sure that customers requiring special accommodations in accordance with ADA laws receive those accommodations in a timely manner and are not denied or turned away
- Ensure that interns receive appropriate training on ADA compliance and accommodations
INTERN TRAINING (Job Training)
- Work with Crossroads Campus’ Program Director to schedule interns to ensure appropriate staffing levels for the store
- Orient/onboard and provide training for new interns/employees
- Provide ongoing supervision, coaching, mentoring and feedback to interns as appropriate
- Support interns in developing soft and hard skills that will prepare them for a future in the workforce.
- Serves as Lead for the Retail Skills Chart implementation, including training,
- Propose and execute creative, cost-effective marketing and promotions strategies that drive traffic and sales and create top-of-mind brand awareness for potential customers.
- Help customers understand the special purpose of the boutique and the full benefit of their social-enterprise purchase
- Working with vendors, solicit in-kind product donations for Crossroads Campus’ community events and coordinate any in-kind recognition with Development Coordinator
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the shop which include, but are not limited to, managing sales goals, profit and loss, handling cash and collating daily sales as well as other necessary reports.
- Manage and secure the overall assets of the store
- Open, maintain, close and balance store register to the point-of-sale system
- Make bank deposits for cash and checks removed from register in accordance with the organization’s cash handling policies
- Schedule regular recurring meeting with Director of Social Enterprise to review data/sales tracking and reports
- assessment, and documentation
- Complete adoptions in the absence of the adoptions manager using process established by the organization
- Provide phone and in-person assistance for found and or relinquished pets using process established by the organization
- College degree preferred but can be substituted for retail management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in managing in a retail environment
- Proven ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives
- Strong business planning and sales skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to lift, push, pull at least 40 lbs
- Ability to handle dogs and cats
- Experience using a point-of-sale system
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PTO, Health insurance, access to dental, vision, disbility, and 401(k)
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: October 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Salary Range: $45,000 to $55,000
- Working Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10 to 6