Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
People Experience Partner
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Who we are: Since 1978, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, a member of Feeding America™, has been providing food to our more than 1 million neighbors at risk of hunger in middle and west Tennessee. In support of our mission, which is “to provide food to people facing hunger and work to advance hunger solutions” – last year, we distributed more than 41 million pounds of food to more than 460 Partner Agencies, providing more than 36.5 million nutritious meals to hungry children, families and seniors throughout our 46-county service area. To learn more about our work, visit our website secondharvestmidtn.org and our social media.
What you’ll do:
Summary: This role contributes to the company’s performance by providing strategic and tactical consulting on people and organization development in support of the business objectives. This position performs Human Resources related duties while supporting employees and supervisors for assigned groups. This position carries out responsibilities for the entire employee life cycle including the following functional areas: talent acquisition; onboarding; employee relations and conflict management; policy interpretation and application; compliance, recordkeeping, and documentation; payroll, benefits and compensation management; safety and risk management; performance management; career development initiatives and training; organizational development and offboarding. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for creating a culture of belonging for all personnel. This role is functionally similar to a HR Generalist, HR Business Partner/ HRBP or HR Manager level role.
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives and strategies of the organization.
- Coaches supervisors on employee relations issues, disciplinary actions, policy interpretation and application, talent management and development, organizational development and talent acquisition.
- Performs talent acquisition and ensures timely efficient turnarounds, for assigned groups with referrals to hiring managers.
- Creates and maintains clear and accurate documentation and reports while ensuring the information is processed appropriately and efficiently for all payroll actions, benefits administration and HRIS administration.
- Evaluates issues, patterns, and trends to provide proactive insights for HR solutions and program designs i.e., training to address certain needs
When & Where:
- Schedule: Typical daytime workweek hours of Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM on-site and primarily at our Nashville distribution center.
- Travel: Occasional daytime and overnight travel required, up to 10% of work week within the local service area. Occasional evenings and/or weekends may be required outside of normal working hours for meetings, special events, to respond to issues (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc).
- Essential business/ first responder: In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Second Harvest is typically considered an essential business service and emergency responder. All employees may be required to perform regular or emergent duties on-site. Employee safety is balanced with business and community necessity. Some positions are more likely to be required on-site than others.
Is this you?
- Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent) required. Bachelor’s Degree in related areas preferred. PHR or SHRM-CP active certification (or ability to obtain certification within 2 years of employment) required.
- Experience: 5+ years of related experience and/or training required. Paycor (HRIS & ATS) experience preferred.
- Skills & Capabilities: Knowledge of Human Resources principles and practices including employment law and compliance requirements; interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills; pleasant and professional interactions; effectively coaches employees and management through complex and difficult issues; thrives in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment; exercises sound judgement and initiative to work independently; recommends effective problem resolutions and solutions to issues; project management; computer and technology proficiency; discretion and confidentiality of personnel and company-proprietary information.
- Competencies: Coaching and developing others, result orientation and execution, quality improvement and project management.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
- Work with a purpose: As one of middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work. If you are passionate about serving your neighbors in need and are committed to our mission of ending hunger, we invite you to join our 120+ person team in the fight against hunger, as we work to achieve our vision of a hunger free community.
- Award winning workplace: we are a best-in-class workplace because we are passionate and people focused – we listen, respect, care and challenge each other, so that our neighbors can count on us. Our employees have identified us among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces eight times based solely on employee surveys and feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program. We focus on staff physical and mental health, financial empowerment, personal and professional development as well as social and community engagement. There is ample opportunity to be engaged, have work-life-balance and grow with Second Harvest.
- Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Total compensation for full-time employment includes many benefits, in addition to base pay. The paid days off policies include: 10 holidays, 15 vacation, 12 sick and personal at anniversaries. Traditional benefits offered include medical, dental and vision (employee-only coverage paid 100% by employer for all of these). Additional available benefits include annual bonus potential, annual performance reviews with potential merit pay increases, flexible work, retirement (with a generous employer match), disability insurance (short and long-term), life insurance as well as long-term care insurance.
- DEIB & Equal Employment Opportunity: we celebrate and value diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are intentionally working to diversify our team so that our employees reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply! Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now! You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=apply&gni=8a78839e7da13ab6017da1e2b0f10e74&gns=CNM. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at email@example.com.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/contact.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee – we love it here and think you will too!
- Date Posted: June 15, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F, 8 AM - 4:30 PM