Peer Recovery Support Coordinator II
This position is an advanced practitioner of peer recovery support services in a Permanent Supportive Housing program model, offering both Housing First and Sober Living options. The Peer PSH Coordinator will serve Park Center members as a member of a recovery-oriented, housing-focused intensive case management (ICM) team.
- Member Support Duties:
- Engage residents in vivo utilizing a trauma lens and cultural humility to quickly establish trust and build rapport.
- Provide recovery-oriented tenancy support taking a strengths-based, person-centered approach.
- Partner with PSH members to help them achieve goals that are personally meaningful to them, extending beyond those areas traditionally addressed by clinical care.
- Support PSH members in recovery by offering experience with whole health recovery that includes addressing wellness of both mind and body.
- Provide insight into the experience of internalized stigma and how to combat it, sharing personal experience of moving from hopelessness to hope.
- Coach PSH members on independent living skills, connect with community resources, and develop systems to support sustainability.
- Encourage PSH members to engage with their community through employment, volunteering, and/or recreational/social activities.
- Assist PSH members with developing interpersonal skills to connect with their housemates and neighbors, and to expand their natural support system.
- Create, maintain, and review documentation for agency and funding requirements within all designated deadlines.
- Public/Staff Relations:
- Communicate with internal and external partners utilizing telephone, email, and chat.
- Communicate regularly with the Permanent Supportive Housing team to meet the needs of residents.
- Develop effective working relationships with human services organizations.
- Value cultural competence and diversity
- Collaborate with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others having diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Take deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- Other duties as member of the Permanent Supportive Housing team:
- Attend all staff and supervision meetings.
- Assist with program events and outings.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Maintain schedule flexibility in the event of after-hours responsibilities.
- Maintain good attendance and informs supervisor in advance of time off.
- Complete Relias Learning courses by deadline.
- Follow all Personnel Policies and uphold Park Center’s Code of Ethics.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- Modified remote work available for this position, shared workstation in office.
- Able to operate with many distractions.
- Routine office environment.
- Able/willing to use vehicle to transport members.
- Able/willing to operate a large van/bus to transport clients.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to move or lift over ten pounds.
- Must identify as a person in recovery from mental illness, addiction, or both.
- Must be certified by Tennessee as a Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) or be willing to obtain that credential within 90 days of hire.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working in a peer recovery support role.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working in a human services field.
- Able to demonstrate strong peer support competencies and ethical behaviors.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field preferred; experience in a peer support role may be substituted for college degree.
- Must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
- Must be able to show proof of personal automobile insurance.
Park Center provides benefits:
Starting day 1: accrual of PTO, access to begin contributing to retirement plan for full-time employees
Starting 1st of the month after 60 days: Medical, Dental, Vision, and ancillary insurance benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete application at company website: www.parkcenternashville.org Careers page
- Date Posted: June 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 07/19/2021
- Salary Range: $40-$44k
- Working Hours: Mon - Fri, 8a - 4p