Tennessee Hospital Association
Payroll Manager and HR Coordinator
Tennessee Hospital Association
Coordinates and oversees all aspects of payroll processing operations. Establishes and oversees payroll processes and procedures for routine processing, tax reporting, and internal financial requirements. Also ensures compliance with governmental regulations. Performs other human resource and accounting duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day.
- Serves backup to the VP as administrator of the Human Resources Information System.
- Places job postings and schedules interviews with job candidates.
- Helps vet candidates being considered for open positions by performing online searches, etc. as part of the background screening.
- Assists the VP in onboarding new employees.
- Assists the VP in ensuring compliance with Family and Medical Leave Act requirements and processing required forms.
- Assists the VP in ensuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Participates in responsibilities related to compliance with the association’s safety plan and related activities.
- Reviews staff timesheets to ensure timesheets are submitted in the timesheet system correctly.
- Orders employee service awards.
- Maintains human resources files.
- Manages all payroll functions to include directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and other employee information.
- Validates and ensures accuracy of payroll reports (earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and nontaxable wages) created by the payroll system.
- Ensures the accuracy of wages paid to employees.
- Provides payroll information to employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Ensures records comply with federal, state, and local legal regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars as they relate to payroll and payroll software.
- Collaborates with accounting and human resources in regard to salaries, benefits, and payroll procedures and changes.
- Ensures accurate preparation and delivery of annual W2s to all staff.
- Execute health savings account (HSA) calculations and transfers.
- Serve as a backup for accounts payable processing of all incoming invoices, expense reports and check requests for THA, Tennessee Hospital Education & Research Foundation (THERF), THA Center for Innovative Solutions (TCIS), Tennessee Center for Health Workforce Development (TCWD), Friends of THA, HOSPAC, affiliate organizations and other accounts maintained by THA.
- Prepare and submit documents for the annual workers compensation insurance audit.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules for the THA Unemployment Compensation Fund. Maintains payroll claims and contribution summaries for each member. Works with Unemployment Cost Control provider in developing contribution rates for its not-for-profit members. Distributes rate schedules to members. Acts as a liaison between fund members and the State of Tennessee, Truist Bank, and Thomas and Company.
- Must be available in the office during regular office hours unless job responsibilities require otherwise, or hybrid work arrangement is in place.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Serves as primary backup for the switchboard and front desk coverage. If not available, coordinate staff to cover.
Dollar value: 2022 total corporate payroll budget = $8.6 million
Volume: 55 – 65 payroll positions
Number of people supervised (direct reports): -0-
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: (Positions reporting directly to this position)
GUIDANCE & DIRECTION: (Policies, precedents or procedures that guide this work)
- THA Policies and Procedures.
- Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Government labor laws and regulations
Educational and experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- The ability to learn and use the payroll system software system.
- Attention to detail.
- Good follow-through.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and vendors.
- The ability to perform financial transaction analysis and reviews.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
health, dental, vision & life insurance
short- and long-term disability insurance
paid time off
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and apply through https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1347942/Tennessee-Hospital-Association/Payroll-ManagerHR-Coordinator
- Date Posted: October 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 57,000-$65,000 Annually DOE
- Working Hours: 38.75 hrs/wk, M-F, 8:00am-4:45pm