TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
Patron Services Agent, Event Support
TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional residen companies and local artists.
Guided by our mission we are seeking individuals who value collaboration, innovation and respect. A team player who knows that we are most successful when everyone feels empowered to bring their best and contributes to an environment that values every individual.
The Patron Services Agent processes ticketing transactions quickly and accurately using Tessitura CRM software and fields phone, email, and in-person patron inquiries. With a focus on excellence, this position ensures client and patron satisfaction, through broad product knowledge and precise order processing for all events at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center/War Memorial Auditorium. This position is a positive team player, engaged with our company and TPAC’s mission, and serves as a physical representation of TPAC’s core values. By balancing creative solutions with understanding and patience, the patron services agent is an active, accurate, and valuable front line service provider for our patrons, clients, and fellow staff members
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works ticketed events, distributing will call tickets and handling walk-up ticket sales.
- Processes ticket orders and exchanges for all ticketed events held at TPAC’s venues.
- Monitors and responds to patron emails sent to the Box Office inbox.
- Provides call center support for all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Follows up on voicemails left by patrons for all call center lines.
- Responds to customer service issues as directed by Manger of Patron Services.
- Assists with special communications with TPAC patrons including the Hearing-Impaired line.
- Provides event information for all shows at TPAC.
- At direction of Box Office Management, implements outbound customer service calls to ticket buyers.
- Assists in providing support at information tables during season roll out.
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Strong organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Previous 1-3 month experience in customer support. Solid working computer knowledge of standard Windows computer applications including MS Word, Excel, & Outlook. Able to concentrate on multiple problems at once. Excellent time management and prioritization skills. Customer service savvy and ability to handle the public with care. Trusted to handle confidential material. The ability to prioritize and identify critical issues, and work towards resolutions. Capacity to accommodate a flexible schedule, including daytimes, evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Highly Desired: Two or more years customer service experience and/or training. Knowledge and familiarity with the Tessitura ticketing system. Bilingual fluency in Spanish
Encouraged: Previous box office experience and passionate about the performing arts
Software and Services Used
- Microsoft Office Suite – primarily Outlook
- Tessitura CRM
- Mitel Computer Based Phone System
- Zoom/Microsoft Teams
Frequent Functions and Working Conditions:
Frequent Functions: Working in an office environment and customer-facing role. Comfort with navigating both front of house and backstage areas. Night and weekend operations show support.
- Physical: Seeing, Hearing/Listening, Dexterity, Ascending/Descending Stairs, Standing/Being Stationary for long periods of time
- Mental: Understanding & writing simple written/verbal communications, Analysis/Problem Solving, Judgement/Decision Making, Spatial Awareness, Basic Math Skills
- Work Environment: Shift work, Works with others, independent work, Verbal Communication, Face to Face Contact
- Physical: Lifting/Moves/Transports 30 lbs., Pushing/Pulling, Bending/Stooping
Work Environment: Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including seasonably hot or cold temperatures, Loud Environments
How to Apply
Please visit our website Careers at TPAC – Tennessee Performing Arts Center® and apply through our ADP portal
- Date Posted: November 2, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture