The TN Performing Arts Center
Patron Services Agent, Event Support
The TN Performing Arts Center
The Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to apply in order to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture. All staff will work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity. TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists
The Patron Services Agent processes ticketing transactions quickly and accurately using Tessitura CRM software and fields phone, email, and in-person patron inquiries. With a focus on excellence, this position ensures client and patron satisfaction, through broad product knowledge and precise order processing for all events at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center/War Memorial Auditorium.
This position is a positive team player, engaged with our company and TPAC’s mission, and serves as a physical representation of TPAC’s core values. By balancing creative solutions with understanding and patience, the patron services agent is an active, accurate, and valuable front line service provider for our patrons, clients, and fellow staff members.
1. Works ticketed events, distributing will call tickets and handling walk-up ticket sales.
2. Processes ticket orders and exchanges for all ticketed events held at TPAC’s venues.
3. Monitors and responds to patron emails sent to the Box Office inbox.
4. Provides call center support for all incoming and outgoing calls.
a. Follows up on voicemails left by patrons for all call center lines.
b. Responds to customer service issues as directed by the Manager of Patron Services.
c. Assists with special communications with TPAC patrons including the Hearing-Impaired line.
d. Provides event information for all shows at TPAC.
5. At the direction of Box Office Management, implements outbound customer service calls to ticket buyers.
6. Assists in providing support at information tables during season roll out.
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties
Skills and Knowledge
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Strong organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Previous 1-3 month experience in customer support. Solid working computer knowledge of standard Windows computer applications including MS Word, Excel, & Outlook. Able to concentrate on multiple problems at once. Excellent time management and prioritization skills. Customer service savvy and ability to handle the public with care. Trusted to handle confidential material. The ability to prioritize and identify critical issues, and work towards resolutions. Capacity to accommodate a flexible schedule, including daytimes, evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Two or more years of customer service experience and/or training. Knowledge and familiarity with the Tessitura ticketing system. Bilingual fluency in Spanish
Previous box office experience and passionate about the performing arts
Software and Services Used
Microsoft Office Suite – primarily Outlook Tessitura CRM Mitel Computer Based Phone System Zoom/Microsoft Teams
Frequent Functions and Working Conditions
Working in an office environment and customer-facing role. Comfort with navigating both the front of house and backstage areas. Night and weekend operations show support.
– Physical: Seeing, Hearing/Listening, Dexterity, Ascending/Descending Stairs, Standing/Being Stationary for long periods of time
– Mental: Understanding & writing simple written/verbal communications, Analysis/Problem Solving, Judgment/Decision Making, Spatial Awareness, Basic Math Skills
-Work Environment: Shift work, Works with others, independent work, Verbal Communication, Face to Face Contact
– Physical: Lifting/Moves/Transports 30 lbs., Pushing/Pulling, Bending/Stooping
– Work Environment: Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including seasonably hot or cold temperatures, Loud Environments
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
Discounts to shows
How to Apply
Visit our website and apply via our career portal
- Date Posted: October 10, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture