Beginning with the onboarding of all new patients at the Melrose Clinic, the Patient Navigator clearly communicates Siloam’s administrative patient policies to Full Access patients and respectfully applies them. Policies include but are not limited to: Proof of Income Policy, Annual Insurance Screenings, Missed Appointments Policy, and Payment Plans. The Patient Navigator is also the friendly, familiar face of the administrative side of Siloam that warmly welcomes new patients, keeps them informed of what is required during their time here, and facilitates their transition to a new PCP in a reassuring manner when and if this becomes necessary.
- Welcomes new patients to Melrose and educates them about Siloam’s mission and core values.
- Informs new patients at Melrose about administrative patient policies, communicating clearly in their primary language through various available tools, to ensure their awareness that these policies exist to support Siloam’s mission and are not intended to be punitive, as well as holding patients accountable throughout their tenure at Siloam.
- Keeps patients informed on an ongoing basis, so they know what to expect, what is required of them, and when it is required.
- Submits proposals for changes to patient policies to the Director of Patient Relations.
- Advocates that an exception to a patient policy be granted when compelled to do so.
- Identifies areas of patient non-compliance and calls and/or meets with these patients in person to communicate what is required at their next visit and to respectfully but firmly hold them accountable.
- Communicates regularly with the Patient Relations team about difficult accounts and patients who are not in compliance with Siloam policies to provide instruction for the team and/or be available to talk with these patients at check-in.
- Tracks, quantifies, and reports regularly on the progress and the problems in patient adherence to patient policies.
- Support PR Antioch team with new patient referral to Melrose and policy education of Full Access patients who regularly go to the Antioch clinic.
- Work with Front Office Leads to set up payment plans for Full Access patients that are within the patient’s means to facilitate their dignified participation in covering costs, while also adhering to Siloam’s commitment to never turn patients away for inability to pay.
- Work with the nurses in processing the new patient screening from partner organizations and hospitals.
- Serves as the contact person for health navigators who see patients at the Melrose location and communicates to staff on updates about Marketplace Insurance.
- Support the Patient Relation team with patient tasks and cases relating to scheduling, proof of income, and policy education.
- Assists in transitioning a patient to a new PCP in a manner that is helpful, informative, and reassuring to both the patient and their Siloam provider.
- Pursues personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Provides support to the Patient Relations team members, filling in coverage gaps at check-in and check-out as necessary.
- Participates in on-going quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
- Travels to multiple locations with minimal notice when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Patient Relations and/or Practice Manager.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products as well as electronic medical records preferred
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to sit at a desk and use a desktop with keyboard (sit/stand desk optional)
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish or English/Arabic)
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years’ front desk experience in a medical office preferred
Siloam offers a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, life and long-term disability coverage, paid-time off, and participation in a retirement plan after one year of employment.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply. While there, browse to learn more about our Christian faith-based primary care clinic, our mission, and our core values.
- Date Posted: June 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week