Patient Care Navigator
Mercy Community Healthcare
Mercy Community Healthcare has an immediate need for a Patient Care Navigator.
Mercy’s Mission is To reflect the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by providing quality healthcare services to ALL and support to their families and our communities.
If you’re looking to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others and work in a Christian environment, this is your opportunity.
The Care Navigator provides needs driven, individualized, patient-family centered, and culturally sensitive, therapeutic case management services to patients and their families. To improve the health, well-being, and satisfaction of patients and their families, the Care Navigator coordinates and facilitate access to appropriate health services; manage a monthly chronic care management case load, educate patients and their families to help them manage their care through an ongoing assessment, monitoring, and re-evaluation of needs. These responsibilities include assisting patients and their families in accessing medical needs ordered by their provider, community resources across life domains (housing, benefits and etc), and improving overall physical health and wellbeing, and social communication skills.
- Minimum of BS in Psychology, Social Work, or other human service field. Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse preferred. A minimum of one year of case management experience or internship is required.
- Two years of case management experience with patients and families in a clinical setting is preferred.
- Substantial interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, their families, and to collaborate care with other health team members.
- Must function with a high degree of autonomy and possess good communication skills in both written and verbal format.
- Must understand the healthcare continuum and have the ability to solve complex problems.
- Possess personal values consistent with the family centered approach to care and be sensitive in dealing with culturally and economically diverse patient populations.
- Certified Application Counselor Preferred or willingness to obtain certification upon hiring is required.
- Good assessment of needs, care planning and implementation skills.
- Willingness to acquire case management certification.
- The position includes risk of exposure to communicable diseases. Therefore, the Care Navigator must receive training and then practice universal health precautions.
- Committed to “growing” as a case manager and adhering to current best practices in case management.
- Must subscribe to agency’s Mission/Vision Statement and Organizational Values.
- Computer skills required and include Word, Outlook, and Excel
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Date Posted: March 10, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services