West End UMC
Pastor of Congregational Connection
West End UMC
West End United Methodist Church is a thriving, inclusive congregation who believes that God loves everyone unconditionally. Members practice their faith by engaging with small groups, supporting outreach ministries, and advocating for social justice. We have a strong local and online presence; and our building is equipped with current technology to support multiple modes of communication.
We are seeking an individual to serve as Pastor of Congregational Connection. This person will be responsible for all aspects of ensuring the care and connection of the congregation from first time visit through full involvement and participation in the life of the church. The main focus areas include congregational care, hospitality, and lay engagement and leadership. The ideal candidate would be a Deacon of the UMC with a Masters of Divinity, adept with technology, and enthusiastic about meeting people from all walks of life. This position is integral to the church’s mission of being the Loving Light of Christ: Connecting and Transforming.
- Congregational care
- Lay Engagement/leadership
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily tasks of an administrative nature with quiet to moderate noise. Well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Physical Demands: To coordinate work, constantly moves about, able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms (occasionally overhead), stoop, kneel, talk to and hear staff and customer requests, and also occasionally lifts or carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature, using close vision with moderate noise.
- Continuous work on computer to carry out daily tasks.
Full-time Position: Exempt/ Office Hours: Sunday and four weekdays including Tuesday and Wednesday, available other days for church events or needs of congregation.
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Paid time off-vacation, personal, and holidays
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://www.westendumc.org/job-application
West End UMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: October 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 12/01/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week