Project Transformation Tennessee
Partnerships Coordinator (Memphis)
Project Transformation Tennessee
Consistent with the mission and values of Project Transformation and reporting to the Director of Development while working closely with the Director of Memphis Programs and other members of leadership, the Partnership Coordinator is primarily responsible for 1) overseeing the implementation of Memphis area fundraising, 2) assisting with researching, drafting, editing, and submitting organization-wide grant proposals and reports and 3) cultivating relationships with volunteers and partner churches.
This position requires daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities that must be complete in a timely manner.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of all fundraising efforts organization wide, with particular focus on that of the Memphis area, ensuring that the financials needs of the organization are met.
- Cultivates relationships of current Memphis-area donors and directs stewardship strategies to ensure donor retention at all levels. Identifies and develops relationships with new individual donors, foundations, and corporate donors.
- Oversees the planning of all Memphis fundraising events, including the Benevon-based annual Partners in Transformation Luncheon; this involves planning as well as highly-detailed and organized project management and execution. Assists with strategy around events including communication.
- Maintains donor records to ensure that information is accurate with up-to-date gift history, contact details, and other relevant data. Logs incoming revenue and donations. Provides regular reporting to Director of Development.
- Identifies and researches new potential funders organization-wide. Obtains, reviews, and interprets grant guidelines to determine alignment of our mission with grant goals.
- Develops annual calendar of prospective grant submissions.
- Develops grant proposals and letters of inquiry to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Drafts compelling grant reports in compliance with grantor guidelines and deadlines, working in partnership with program staff as necessary.
- Maintains and updates PT’s profile on LIVEGIVEmidsouth and other giving platforms.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partner churches to recruit volunteer and financial support.
- Cultivates relationships with current volunteers and recruits new volunteers, both individual and group.
- Schedules volunteers for the summer and afterschool program: to assist with homework, read with children, collect supplies and snacks, and provide meals.
- Assists the Volunteer Manager in conducting ongoing evaluation of volunteer program; develops and prepares reports.
- Maintains volunteer records. Ensures that volunteers are thanked and acknowledged timely and appropriately.
- Works closely with the Director of Memphis Programs to ensure program consistency.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2-5 years work or life experience in development, marketing, communications or related field.
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, written, and presentation skills including public speaking.
- Ability to represent Project Transformation’s mission and programs to donors and volunteers; poised and comfortable in relating to a variety of people in multiple settings.
- Skilled at relationship building.
- Problem solver, self-starter who is well organized, methodical, and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, manage multiple projects, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Proficient at Salesforce and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to embrace and integrate Project Transformation’s core values into their work practices.
- Join PT staff in creating a nurturing, supportive work environment for children, young adults, and volunteers.
Project Transformation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having traditionally marginalized, underrepresented voices at the center of our work. We welcome all individuals to apply and are eager to expand our organization to reflect the diversity of our community.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement pension plan
- Paid holidays, vacation time, and sick days
How to Apply
This is a full time position based in our Memphis, Tennessee office. Applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Carrie Sherrill at email@example.com
- Date Posted: March 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40,000