Partner Support Specialist
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
The Division of TennCare is seeking a Partner Support Specialist to work in the Compliance and Policy Group within Member Services. This position will report directly to the Response Unit Director. The Partner Support Specialist will be responsible for serving as a liaison to TennCare providers who utilize the online partner portal to submit applications, renew coverage, and perform other eligibility related functions on behalf of applicants and members. This position will also work closely with diverse groups of external partners, internal groups, and TennCare system contractors.
• Draft and distribute communications to partner portal users about topics including but not limited to user experience, system enhancements, policies and procedures
• Maintain partner portal user list and assurance of role assignments and responsibilities; assist in troubleshooting partner access
• Triage issues received by partners and coordinate with appropriate state group or systems vendor to work towards resolution
• Monitor for and identify trends/issues to report to leadership and develop action plans for resolution if needed
• Participate in development, testing, and training for system enhancements
• Facilitate engagement activities with partner portal users to encourage ongoing involvement and awareness related to the system
• Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of full-time professional experience
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines
• Strong research skills, including the ability to locate and analyze documents and integrate information from multiple sources
• Strong customer service skills, including the ability to problem solve, handle difficult situations, and escalate issues when necessary
• Ability to foster and maintain cohesive working relationships in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt, learn quickly, and exercise sound judgement
• Experience in process improvement efforts
• Experience managing small projects
For more information about the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees; click here: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
Please go to https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html. Search by “job title” or by “TennCare” to see all of our current job opportunities. Apply today!
- Date Posted: January 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Government