Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN
Partner Agency Support Coordinator
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN
We are hiring for a full-time job in the Agency & Program Services department at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.
Summary: The primary responsibilities include managing food order entry and distribution for specific programs within the department as well as providing superior customer service, both internally and externally.
What you’ll do:
- Provides customer support to Partner Agencies and program sites – including addressing order discrepancies, delivery questions, online ordering assistance, invoice and statement requests, past due account reminders, and filing.
- Manages Mobile Pantry program – including managing funds, scheduling distributions with Partner Agencies, updating tracking and calendar, sending confirmation emails, and invoicing.
- Cross-trained with ability to fulfill needs and provide additional support to counterpart colleague in the same role, but with primary responsibilities of food order specifics for program sites and perishable distributions, including but not limited to order processing, scheduling, tracking, invoicing and communications.
When & Where: Typical daytime weekday schedule of Monday-Friday 8 AM – 4:30 PM to work primarily out of our distribution center in Nashville, TN. Occasional travel within the service area may be necessary.
Is this you?
- Education: High School diploma (or equivalent) required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years of related experience or training required.
- Skills: Genuine compassion and appreciation for hunger issues and Second Harvest’s mission, superior customer service skills, seamlessly interacts with diverse communities, impeccable attention to detail, computer program proficiency and ability to learn new software. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case by case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
Work with a purpose: As one of Middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. Our mission is to feed hungry people and work to solve hunger issues in our community. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work.
Award winning workplace: we are a best in class workplace because we are passionate and people focused, so that our community can count on us for our critical work. We are among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces based solely on employee feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program.
Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Full-time employment includes 34+ days off, medical (employee-only is 100% employer paid), dental, vision, retirement (up to 8% match), disability insurance (short and long term) and long-term care insurance.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity: Second Harvest embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we serve. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Find out more information about how to apply on our website: https://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/. Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN. We love it here and think you will too.
There are three main ways to apply for employment with Second Harvest Food Bank:
- Apply online through this link: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=apply&gni=8a78879f7980db4d017986aa5cb00ee3&gns=CNM. You’ll be able to upload your resume and cover letter from the website as well.
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Visit in-person to complete the physical application and leave any other materials that you’d like: 331 Great Circle Road, Nashville, TN 37228.
- Date Posted: May 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M - F, 8 AM - 4:30 PM