Part-Time Vocational/Wellness Group Facilitator
Center for Living and Learning
The Center for Living and Learning’s (CLL) community Vocational Rehabilitation Program is seeking a part-time Vocational/Wellness Group Facilitator, 2-3 weekdays per week between 8:00am-1:00pm. Exact schedule is negotiable and expected to be approximately 8-15 hours per week.
This program provides pre-employment transition services, work adjustment, vocational assessments, job readiness/job placement, and supported employment for residents of CLL and individuals from the community with a documented mental illness and/or disability from ages 16+. Ultimately, a qualified candidate will have the opportunity to teach soft skills while working alongside our trainees.
We are a vendor of the Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitation. A candidate has the opportunity to become certified as a job coach through this department, if holding the necessary qualifications listed below. Other candidates without these qualifications may still be considered. Candidates with knowledge and paid experience working with individuals with disabilities will be considered first.
- Prepare and facilitate 2-3 group lesson plans per week pertaining to monthly vocational/life skill theme or enrichment topics
- Prepare teaching aids to reinforce vocational/life skills
- Monitor clients’ moods and behavior: redirect and assist with alternative ways of coping in the workplace
- Effectively communicate with clients experiencing active symptoms of mental illness and assist with deescalation of crises
- Dispense meds as necessary; record in PRN book
- Record daily progress notes
- Check, compose, and respond to emails as appropriate
- Operate basic office equipment and open and close office building as needed
- Answer phone and communicate all important messages to appropriate parties
- Follow safety policies and procedures
- Attend applicable staff trainings (staff retreats, CPR/First Aid training, etc.)
- Option to train to become a Certified Employment Support Specialist through the Tennessee Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Assist with job shadowing, job placement, and/or job coaching with the goal of successful community employment for clients
- Attend continuing education trainings with Tennessee Department of Vocational Rehabilitation as scheduled
**This job description is brief and duties are not limited to those listed above. The full job description will be discussed at the time of the interview.**
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or an associate degree/high school diploma and three years’ relevant experience. Paid experience working directly with those with a disability will be considered first. All candidates are subject to a background check and must have reliable transportation as well as a valid driver’s license. Recommended qualifications include:
- Strong work ethic
- Relational support skills: guiding, confronting, advising, delegating, and directing
- Ability to oversee small projects effectively given instruction from Vocational Manager
- Follow program structure already in place
- Experience in job training individuals with disabilities and/or willingness to be take required training to become a Certified Employment Support Specialist through the Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Ability to multi-task and keep daily records
- Ability to follow safety policies and procedures
- Ability to use time effectively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be self-directed
- Ability to adapt to change
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kate Harris, Vocational Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Date Posted: November 23, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 2-3 weekdays per week between 8:00am-1:00pm. Exact schedule is negotiable and expected to be approximately 8-15 hours per week.