Rest Stop Ministries
Part-time Trauma Therapist
Rest Stop Ministries
Note: Due to the special sensitivities of our unique population, this position is open to women only.
The mission of Rest Stop Ministries is to holistically restore survivors of domestic sex trafficking and to stop this exploitation. We operate the first facility in Tennessee with a long-term residential restoration program designed specifically for this unique population. (www.reststopministries.org)
The Therapist provides trauma-informed individual, group, and crisis counseling to adult female survivors of domestic sex trafficking in accordance with program goals. The position conducts a comprehensive assessment of resident clinical needs, renders a clinical diagnosis when appropriate, develops a treatment plan, and reports resident progress.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and professional code of ethics.
- LMSW, LCSW or LPC preferred; Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field considered
- Two years of professional experience working in a relevant field.
- Certified in Brain Spotting or EMDR preferred; or equivalent therapeutic technique.
- Experience working with sex trafficking survivors, victim services, domestic violence, addictions, substance abuse, and/or other persons in crisis or vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high-risk populations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to establish rapport.
- Ability to emotionally regulate in crisis or intense emotional situations.
- Ability to manage the balance of crisis work with self-care practices.
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries.
- Team player, ability to adapt to scheduling changes that may occur within a residential setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required by law, professional codes of ethics, and in the best interest of survivors.
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Background check is required.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required.
- Must be willing to embrace and exemplify our core values and statement of faith.
- Part-time position, 2 days per week, 16 hours per week, with Tuesdays required.
- Meet program goals by maintaining required caseload level. Specific caseload for this position is typically between five to eight clients seen per week, with the potential of up to ten, when needed for graduates.
- Must have a heart and a passion for seeing the broken restored. We have a strong team of likeminded individuals all moving towards the common goal of restoration for those in our care.
Cell phone stipend
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 12, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: The salary range for this position is commensurate with education, experience, credentials and/or licensure aligned with RSM’s overall salary scale as a small non-profit.
- Working Hours: 2 days per week, 16 hours per week, with Tuesdays required