Sexual Assault Center
Part Time “Thistle on the Inside” Clinical Therapist
Sexual Assault Center
Provide direct clinical support to clients including crisis intervention, therapy, advocacy, psychoeducation and referrals to support healing from the impact of sexual assault in their lives. The employee will provide services to clients at the Debra K. Johnson Rehabilitation Center through “Thistle on the Inside” program. The clients will be seen at the Debra K. Johnson Rehabilitation Center and once released will continue to be seen at SAC.
- Provide quality and effective trauma-informed therapy to victim/survivors of Sex Trafficking.
- Maintain a caseload of clients seeking therapeutic services.
- Keep accurate client records and complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Support peers by participating in weekly Clinical Team meeting and case staffing.
- Actively participate in individual clinical supervision.
- Collaborate with other teams within the Sexual Assault Center, such as intake, advocacy, prevention, training, the SAFE Clinic, and the state-wide crisis line, in support of client needs, and on agency initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling, and working towards licensure.
- Active TN Health Related Board independent clinical license preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate clinical experience preferred.
- Experience with trauma informed care required.
- Experience with sex trafficking victim/ survivor population required.
SAC reserves the right waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Experience and comfort with providing support and care to survivors of sexual assault.
- Ability to provide compassionate, culturally aware and effective care for a diverse population of clients.
- Competence commensurate with experience, providing therapy to clients of various ages, including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Strong self and “we” care strategies to support healthy well-being of self.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record keeping systems.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
N/A – part time position
How to Apply
E-mail resume and cover letter to: HumanResources@sacenter.org
- Date Posted: October 12, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Working Hours: : Part Time, 20 hours per week. Some evening and weekend hours required.