Part Time Statewide Hotline Specialist
Sexual Assault Center
The Sexual Assault Center is launching TN’s first Statewide Sexual Assault Hotline in July 2020. We are looking for team members who want to be a part of building this critical resource for Tennesseans. If you are passionate about providing excellent service and support to survivors in crisis and building a culturally responsive resource to help survivors feel seen and heard, please apply to join our team!
Position: Statewide Hotline Specialist (Part Time)
Purpose: To work the TN Statewide Sexual Assault Hotline
Reports to: Statewide Hotline Coordinator
Expectations: Provide coverage for TN Statewide Sexual Assault Hotline
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Statewide Hotline Coverage –
- Provide on-call and chat based coverage for the Statewide Hotline
- Stay up-to-date on SAC’s and statewide services and procedures
- Work with hotline callers to ensure their safety and provide necessary crisis interventions
- Connect callers with the most appropriate and culturally responsive resources available
- Coordinate emergency services for suicidal callers and/or clients in immediate danger
- Collect and record data for each hotline intervention handled
- Encourage mutual accountability with hotline team and coordinate shift transitions
- Enhance current statewide directory to improve and diversify resources offered to callers
- Research existing local hotlines to develop new partnerships and expand hotline coverage
Administrative Tasks & Training
- Participate in on-going training and professional growth activities
- Stay current with administrative duties
- Familiarity with sexual assault dynamics, trauma informed response, and crisis intervention is required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Comfort assessing, intervening, and problem-solving in sexual violence related crisis situations is required
- Ability to be organized and detail oriented while being flexible is required
- Ability to work independently and among teams is required
- Understanding of culturally responsive care and experience working with diverse communities and in marginalized populations is strongly preferred
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Desire to be part of a growing and changing team
A Bachelor’s degree in a human service related field is preferred. At least 1 year of relevant crisis services experience preferred.
Part-Time/hourly; rotational schedule including nights and weekends. Requirement to be based in the greater Nashville area. Position will be mostly remote with exceptions for in person training and team meetings. Due to remote nature, comfort with digital and video based communications is a must.
Position is part-time and not benefit eligible.
S.A.C. values diversity and inclusivity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, religious and spiritual beliefs or practices, expression, political views or affiliations, and abilities.
S.A.C. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application by May 15th. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:Alex Skarzynski Statewide Hotline Coordinator Sexual Assault Center 101 French Landing Nashville, TN 37228 Email email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 5, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 06/08/2020
- Working Hours: 25 hrs/wk