Monroe Harding Inc
Part-Time ReEngagement Hub Coach
Monroe Harding Inc
Monroe Harding is committed to viewing and interacting with youth from a Trauma Informed perspective. Staff understand normal and trauma impacted brain development and interact with youth in ways that encourage and restore normal brain functioning. Staff are curious about “what happened to the youth to cause current behavior” and work with them uniquely based upon their developmental level. Focus is on providing a safe and stable environment that encourages learning from mistakes and celebrating small advances in behavior or thought process. Staff models healthy emotional regulation skills, flexibility in working with others, and effective restoration of relationships after issues arise.
The Coach will work with Monroe Harding’s ReEngagement Hub to connect opportunity youth to client-centered resources. The Coach will work with social service providers across Metro Nashville to remove/reduce barriers to access for service recipients, including: scheduling issues, transportation problems, childcare issues, financial limitations, physical inaccessibility, translation/interpretation needs, discrimination/disenfranchisement issues, technology/information management/data transfer challenges, etc.
- Screen young adult participants at their initial intake, learning more about their criminal victimization histories and associated needs
- Utilize trauma-specific treatment approaches. Be culturally sensitive and ensure that all the participant’s interactions with MH are healing, positive, and non-triggering
- Connect service recipients with agencies, programs, and service providers whose areas of focus are most congruent with the clients’ unique strengths, needs, and goals
- Cross reference participant’s need with the current available services
- Develop tools for follow up with service recipients and community providers to determine progress, needs and satisfaction
- Provide informational sessions to Hub participants to expand their awareness of victim services and the criminal justice system, adding to participants’ overall sense of safety, quality of life, and satisfaction with services
- Facilitate group classes/activities, as well as in providing one‐on‐one support to program participants
- Communicate with other Metro Hubs to share information about services, keeping current on available community resources, identifying service gaps, alleviating barriers to success, and increasing efficiency of operation across all Metro Hubs
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social services/education/employment services or a related field and a minimum of 2 year of experience training in a group setting.
- Knowledge of community agencies and services available to the client population
- Experience working with youth ages 17-24
- Interpersonal savvy
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Client focused
- Patient yet persistent
- Strong organizational and planning abilities
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients
- Group facilitation skills
Applicants must pass thorough background check and drug screen. Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
This position not eligible for benefits
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please submit a resume and cover letter to Evelyn Tidman at email@example.com. Please list the position for which you are applying in the cover letter.
- Date Posted: August 25, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services