Part-Time Program Assistant
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team
of staff, volunteers, and community partners. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and live their lives to the fullest.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless champion for older adults living their best lives? To make a real difference in the Greater Nashville area? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Program Assistant for our Foster Grandparent Program. In this role, you will work closely with the Program Director to ensure that the program runs smoothly and that all requirements are met for this federally funded grant.
This is an AmeriCorps Seniors grant-funded, part-time position that requires 20 hours of in-office work each week. Preferred work hours are Monday through Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. This position requires an in-office presence and requires travel to our school partners.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and data management skills, the ability to interact successfully with a group of older adult volunteers, the ability to take direction from the program director, and most importantly, a passion for service to older adults.
- Provide organizational and data management support to the FGP Director.
- Assist with school and child learning center visits to collect necessary data.
- Provide support for monthly in-service events and annual training.
- Maintain database and files ensuring up-to-date and accurate records of volunteer hours, assignments, and mileage reimbursements.
- Assist with the planning and execution of two recognition events annually
What we require:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office 365.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Open to constructive feedback, and creative dialogue with the Volunteer management team.
- Patience when interacting with older adults and school contacts
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Proficiency in using desktop and/or laptop computers, various databases, multi-user copiers/scanners, and multi-line telecommunications systems.
- Ability to travel within Davidson County as you visit schools.
- A valid TN driver’s license including a good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health (including telehealth), dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long-term care, Life, AD&D, and FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus the week between Christmas and New Year
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all FiftyForward centers
- Community involvement
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners, and have touched the lives of more than 20,000. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and live their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: July 28, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; M-Th, 9am - 2pm