Nashville Children's Alliance
Part time Prevention Specialist
Nashville Children's Alliance
Nashville Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the child advocacy center for Nashville and Davidson County. NCA serves all children in Davidson County aged 3 – 17 when sexual or severe physical abuse allegations are reported, with the majority of referrals coming from the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services (DCS) and the Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD). NCA is a child-focused, trauma-informed therapeutic environment designed to meet the needs of child abuse victims and their non-offending family members. NCA is involved in child sexual and severe physical abuse cases from the first allegation of abuse until after the case is resolved in court, at absolutely no cost to families. Since 1992, NCA has worked to deliver and coordinate the services required for children to feel safe, begin the healing process, and look forward to bright futures.
NCA’s mission is to provide healing and justice for children who have been abused or exposed to violence. In 2019, NCA moved into the Family Safety Center (FSC), a groundbreaking co-working space that facilitates services between Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD), the Department of Children’s Services (DCS), the District Attorney General’s Office (DA), and various nonprofit organizations. In collaboration with these partners, NCA works with children and non-offending caregivers using three evidence-based approaches: forensic interviews, Child Protective Investigative Team (CPIT) coordination, and trauma-informed therapy.
NCA is seeking an enthusiastic Part Time Prevention Specialist to train and educate adults on child abuse in the Nashville area. The specialist will play a critical role in developing and carrying out child abuse prevention activities in conjunction with our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote prevention education opportunities to the community
- Provide trainings to targeted groups on an on-going basis
- Measurement Surveys and other platforms
- Generate and submit internal and external reports, including synthesizing data received
- Prepare data for meetings, presentations, and reporting
- Interact with stakeholders in manner that promotes NCA in community
Belief in NCA’s mission and commitment to providing trauma-informed care to children and families
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English preferred
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Dawn Harper at email@example.com with the subject line “Part Time Prevention Specialist”.
- Date Posted: October 10, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 15-20/wk/flexible hours