Read To Succeed, Inc.
Part-Time Media and Events Coordinator
Read To Succeed, Inc.
Read To Succeed is looking for an experienced part-time Media and Events Coordinator to work in a small yet fast-paced office environment. This position is responsible for all externally facing information including the organization’s website, monthly e-newsletter, press releases, media coverage, and social media campaigns. The Media and Events Coordinator also oversees all special events including community outreach and fundraising events.
- Professionally represent RTS to the community.
- Represent RTS on local boards/councils and to the media as needed and directed by the Executive Director.
- Help sustain & grow RTS Councils and collaborations.
- Attend RTS Council meetings.
- Present to executive board/community as necessary including updating the “Numbers board” each month.
- Coordinate volunteers for RTS events, Family Literacy Nights, office work days (i.e. Mailings) and community events.
- Maintain system to track volunteers and hours.
- Plan and host annual volunteer luncheon with the assistance of entire RTS staff.
- Improve existing Shining Star program which recognizes an outstanding volunteer each month and increase publicity of that program through local media outlets with the help of RTS media director.
- Take lead and work with staff to create a plan for personally thanking volunteers in a systematic way through hand-written thank-you notes, facebook recognition, volunteer recognition in media outlets (for example: WGNS volunteer of the month), etc.
- Communicate to Executive Director on a regular basis the status of program and operations and any issues which arise.
- Work with Executive Director and staff, support coordination of press releases and PR materials.
- Keep “In the News” board updated with all RTS printed media materials.
- Work with local collaborators, book groups, and other non-profits to make sure they are familiar with RTS, our mission to utilize volunteers, and the diversity of volunteer opportunities available at RTS.
- Create the monthly electronic newsletter utilizing Vertical Response
- Make sure website and all social media is always up to date with news about RTS, upcoming volunteer opportunities and information on RTS volunteers who have gone above and beyond.
- Cross-train RTS staff to handle most critical duties.
- Other duties may include: active participation in strategic planning, bookkeeping, cross-training, and other activities as we grow and other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with WordPress website platform, Vertical Response email marketing platform, Adobe Creative Suite, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter including analytics
- Excellent written and communication skills including ability to create original content for web, press releases, and social media outlets
- Ability to plan and execute organization and community events from inception to completion including concept, guest list, invitation creation and distribution, promotion, speaker/performer coordination, on-the-ground logistics, and follow up
- Photography and videography experience
- Comfortable working a trade show/community outreach booth at community forums
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends as events occur
- Ability to travel within Rutherford County for meetings and events
- Ability to manage and work with student and community volunteers
- Strong organizational skills
- Education background a plus
- Nonprofit background preferred
Salary commensurate with experience and working hours will be set at 20-25 weekly.
How to Apply
To apply, send an email with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: July 27, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/03/2020
- Working Hours: M-Th 20-25 hours per week