St. Luke's Community House
Part-time HR Assistant
St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s Community House in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated part-time HR Assistant to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community and assist us in hiring and maintaining high performing employees, while meeting all internal and external expectations in HR operations. The successful candidate will be a clear communicator and be available to work on a part-time basis, usually between 10 – 16 hours per week.
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for supporting human resource and administrative functions for the business operations and providing technical support across the organization. Duties may include recruiting, boarding/off-boarding, reporting, data analytics, and HRIS management. The Human Resource Assistant provides internal customer service to the organization’s personnel and employees, regarding policies and procedures.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships with program managers, and St. Luke’s team members.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships with third party benefits administrators and human resource vendors.
- Assists with implementation and administration of human resource related initiatives under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner, escalating items though appropriate channels when necessary.
- Assists with maintaining HRIS ensuring accuracy and integrity of data and compiles reports from database.
- Performs regular reporting for quality assurance, ensuring accurate and appropriate HRIS utilization and maintenance.
- Acts as a liaison to the third-party benefits administrator, supporting benefits administration to include reporting, enrollments and terminations.
- Reconciles facility position control rosters to staffing grids and FTE reports.
- Monitors dates for compliance with performance review dates, certifications, license, etc.
- Processes retirement plan enrollments, contributions and terminations.
- Maintains accurate and confidential personnel records ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides general administrative support for the organization, to include; supply procurement, reporting, meeting coordination/logistics, etc.
- Acts as a point of customer service for staff on items related to Paychex, TLO, and benefit access.
- Conducts employment verifications and appropriate background/reference checks in accordance with policy, as needed.
- Maintains the HR calendar throughout the year, ensuring compliance with government mandated reporting requirements.
- Assists with the maintenance, creation, and distribution of HR related forms and communications.
- Attends meetings as requested.
Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires an Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field and 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/general public, clients and/or vendors
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell.
- Ability to move 25 pounds
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. In addition, the candidate must be able to pass a drug test and have a clear background check.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and database administration
- Demonstrates a high level of follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your hourly rate expectations.
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: September 3, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 10-16 hours per week.