Part-Time Accounting Specialist
The Accounting Specialist will perform necessary services to assist in the financial functions of the agency.
- Maintain vendor records, including obtaining W-9s from new vendors, and Certificates of Insurance as needed.
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems, make recommendations to foster organization and efficient workflow
- Input all receipts into accounting system on a daily basis
- Ensure vendor payments are processed on a weekly basis
- Process youth billing on a monthly basis
- Assist VP of Finance & Administration with end of month allocations and closing processes
- Process Purchase Card use at end of month, ensuring proper approvals and coding are obtained
- Assist VP of Finance & Administration in the budgeting process
- Assist with external audits, including responding to inquiries
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Process unclaimed funds on an annual basis
- Perform special projects, as needed
Hours: Monday – Friday; 20-25 hours per week
- Proficient using a computerized general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Proficient applying cost allocation rules to expenses.
- Proficient with intensive data entry of accounting records.
- Proficient in use of Excel
- Organized, accurate, and consistent.
- Financial Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Attention to Detail
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; or two years accounting experience. Applicants for this job must pass thorough background check. Must have valid TN driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
This position is not eligible for benefits
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please submit a resume and cover letter to Evelyn Tidman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the position for which you are applying in the cover letter.
- Date Posted: August 24, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services