Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Part-Time Accounting Associate
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Working closely with the Director of Accounting and Vice President of Human Resources, the Accounting Associate is responsible for daily accounting processes and administrative support.
- Prepare deposit daily; making certain to secure cash and checks at all times
- Reconcile daily cash receipts to transaction reports for multiple points of sale including guest services, gift shops, and the Altru system.
- Copy all checks and other supporting documentation received and distribute to appropriate departments
- Maintain orderly, accurate, and complete daily deposit/cash receipts digital folders that contains support for cash receipts and the related transactions reports for reconciliation
- Prepare Daily Deposit packets for Accounting Manager
- Assist Accounting Manager with cash related Month End Close task
- Maintain confidentiality of records at all times
- Maintain daily attendance report related to deposit information
- Maintain SharePoint files related to daily deposits and projects
- Learn Altru system for reporting and transaction confirmation purposes
- Sort and manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Work on special projects as requested
- Communicate with departments regarding deposit questions and research any issues
Human Resources Administrative/Support
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files, records, and documentation
- Provide clerical support to the human resource department
- Assist with special projects and research
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must have the availability to work 24 hours a week Monday-Friday; high school diploma or equivalent and accounting experience. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of basic accounting principles related to accounts payable; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software; ability to manage multiple tasks; excellent organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy; proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications. Knowledge of non-profit accounting preferred.
Discounts in the Gift Shops and Cafe 29,complimentary Cheekwood Membership and the ability to work in a beautiful environment
How to Apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
- Date Posted: August 25, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: Monday-Friday (24 hours)