Overnight Residential Counselor
Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Position: Part Time Overnight Residential Counselor (Sunday-Thursday 11pm-7am) State Licensure requires both a male and female on overnight shifts. This position is for the female position.
Summary: To provide overnight awake supervision and case management services to clients.
· Provide awake coverage. Perform bed checks once every hour.
· Wash, dry, and put away linens in the laundry room. Stock empty bedrooms with fresh linens for the next resident.
· Print copies for all necessary documents for the main office.
· Perform the first audit of closed resident files.
· Provide supervision for shelter residents. Coordinate and supervise activities when appropriate or assigned.
· Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the shelter program.
· Facilitate the referral process for potential clients.
· Document client interaction in a consistent and ethical manner.
· Provide crisis counseling services through the agency coverage system.
· Provide liaison and referral services with appropriate mental health centers, courts, physicians, school systems, Department of Children’s Services and others as needed.
· Driver’s license
· Must pass a TBI background check
· Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
· Strong capacity to form meaningful, caring, and affirming relationships with all young people, including LGBTQ+ youth.
· Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
· Knowledge and ability to access community resources.
· Knowledge and ability to apply crisis intervention theory.
· Bachelor’s Degree
$1500 Annual Shift differential
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Corey Alexander @ email@example.com
- Date Posted: June 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 32K- 36K