Catholic Charities of TN
Outreach Worker – MIHOW Maury County
Catholic Charities of TN
The Outreach Worker for the Maternal Infant Health Outreach Worker (MIHOW) Program provides mother-to-mother education, support, and information to economically disadvantaged pregnant women, mothers, and young children 0 to 3 years of age. Through monthly home visits and parenting groups, the outreach worker listens attentively to parents’ concerns, teaches them about nutrition, health, and child development, models good health habits and positive parenting skills, and links them with medical and social services. MIHOW is an evidence-based home visiting program (EBHV).
The Maury County Family Resource Center is located at 1501 Hatcher Lane, Columbia, TN.
- Recruits and enrolls families in need.
- Serves as a good role model for healthy lifestyles and positive parenting skills.
- Gathers and documents information on each family.
- Advocates on behalf of the family and builds relationships with medical, social service, and other community organizations.
- Develops lesson plans for home visits and monthly gatherings using the MIHOW Curriculum.
- Conducts monthly home visits and parenting groups.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge base regarding the field of case management, and maternal and infant health, which can include, but is not limited to, attendance at seminars, workshops, in-service training programs, conferences, and community initiatives, as well as utilizing other methods to gain education in this field.
- Builds relationships with key partners in the community.
- Represents the agency at various internal and external meetings, as directed.
- Maintains accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within the Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participates in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, social work, or related field, OR
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education, social work, or related field with at least three years of experience.
- Bilingual: Spanish and English (preferred).
- Prior experience working with pregnant women and/or families with young children.
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Knowledge of infant and toddler growth and development, as well as early childhood education and best practices.
- Superior communication skills, oral and written, as well as superior interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others, work independently, and accept supervision as needed.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility is relative to the ability to prioritize due to changing client circumstances and needs.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Ability to prepare reports and work within established budgets.
- Ability to convey non-judgmental and open personal qualities with a clear sense of boundaries.
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality concerning clients and fellow employees.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases and other systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation. County/regional travel is required.
- Ten (10) vacation days.
- Twelve (12) personal days.
- Eighteen (18) paid holidays.
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2067808/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Outreach-Worker—MIHOW
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal-opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: November 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.