Hope Clinic for Women
Hope Clinic for Women
This position oversees church partnerships/relationships and the volunteer program. While there are brief opportunities to work with clients, this position largely works with staff, volunteers and churches/agencies in community.
Hope Clinic for Women is a faith-based safe and confidential place for anyone dealing with life choices regarding past, present, and future pregnancies. We provide medical care, professional counseling, education, mentorship, and practical support regardless of age, race, or religion.
Hope Clinic for Women is a Christ centered ministry existing to honor the sanctity of all human life as exemplified by:
Teenagers and single adults choosing abstinence until marriage;
Women and men choosing life for their child in the midst of a pregnancy;
People experiencing God’s grace and forgiveness after an abortion;
Transformation of hearts and lives by discovering the purpose and potential God intended for all His children.
Church Outreach and Fund Development:
In both large and small group settings, share the Hope Clinic vision and message to 120-150 churches. Maintain current financial support (currently $170,000) and increase giving through increased (new) church partnerships or increased partnership levels at existing churches.
• Book Speaking Engagements (pulpit, Bible Studies, women’s groups, and Sunday School classes) – 30 annually.
• Coordinate speaking opportunities to be done by CEO or self. (Esp. during Sanctity of Life (Jan-March) and Mission Season (Sept-Nov)).
o Ensure that church staff are aware to refer congregants to our services as needed for pregnancy services, medical services and counseling services.
o Coach and educate church leaders on communication best practices around abortion, unplanned pregnancy, sexual health, and mental health.
• Book Baby Bottle Campaigns throughout the year (Typically 10-20 annually)services and counseling services.
o Coordinate with correct church staff contact to ensure baby bottles are brought to the church, collected, and deposited; appropriate thank you notes, etc.
• Secure 4-6 Relationship Education events annually at churches in partnership with Relationship Ed. Manager.
• Secure church, mission, or health fair participation prepare the booth kits and oversee volunteer training and activation for these community engagements.
• Donor Database Management (Salesforce).
o Key in notes from phone calls, events, visits.
o Update the database to accurately reflect activity of all churches and their level of support and key contacts for various events.
o Be able to run reports for church wide mailings throughout the year.
• Oversees church grants timeline and execution working with CEO and grant writer as needed.
• Send monthly church email or create new communication stream.
• Secure necessary volunteers for all departments (250 volunteers annually); tracking hours in salesforce.
o Triage initial volunteer inquiries- emails, calls, and in-person visits
o Conduct Introduction Classes with CEO and Development Director.
o Coordinate Direct Client Training with Client Program Managers.
o Complete all initial paperwork and background checks for volunteers.
o Ensure complete pass-off to program managers for volunteer engagement.
• Ensure annual volunteer satisfaction.
o Create and send annual surveys and make improvements accordingly.
o Reach out to volunteers throughout the year to ensure satisfaction, good fit and to build relationships.
• Convert volunteers to donors when possible and encourage volunteers to attend events or bring in new volunteers/donors to events.
• Prepare the annual strategic plan and budget and provide outcome and data for monthly Advancement reports, yearend external audit, staff meetings and Annual Report
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures for Church and Volunteer programs
• Coach and train direct reports and volunteers to be growing and succeeding in their professional goals
o Business or church development experience
o Volunteer management experience
o Database/CRM experience
o Bachelor’s degree, preferred
This is a full-time, salaried position. Our hours are Monday – Thursday 8:30am to 5pm and Fridays we get off early, working 8:30am-2:30pm.
Sick/Personal Days, Vacation Days, and Birthdays off! Health, Vision, and Dental package along with 401(k) plan.
How to Apply
Please go to our website. At the bottom of the main page you will see, “CAREERS”. Click that link and you will see the open positions we have, including the Outreach Manager. If you would like, you may also submit your resume to Kevin Davenport, Director of Operations at email@example.com
- Date Posted: April 1, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: M-Thurs 8:30-5pm Fri 8:30-2:30pm