Outreach Manager will develop, execute, and manage all outreach activities. They will also network with
organizations to create opportunities for community impact.
- Support the Director of Outreach and the outreach team in the accomplishment of Rocketown’s mission through ministry effectiveness, evaluation, discernment, decision-making, planning, and leadership.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures that provide organization visibility of the effectiveness of areas under the outreach and campus teams on Middle and High school campuses.
- Be intentional in all interactions on campuses and at Rocketown by exemplifying leadership in Biblical study and reflection, devoting time to personal spiritual development and the spiritual development of volunteers, creating opportunities for youth to develop a relationship with Christ, and encouraging volunteers to meet the mission of Rocketown in providing hope to youth through Christ’s love.
- Build on Rocketown’s ministry model by developing and enhancing relational and intentional ministry.
- Make continual improvements to increase the number of youths served and the impact had with those youth.
- Increase and enhance Rocketown’s presence and recognition as a source of faith-based services and enrichment on local middle and high school campuses and the community.
- Identify and keep abreast of community youth needs, desires and interests as they relate Rocketown’s mission.
- Assist the Director of Outreach with the recruitment, training, and coordination of appropriate mentors and volunteers in ministry and campus activities.
- Assist the Director of Outreach in the development of curriculum for on campus character clubs.
- Assist the Director of Outreach in the development of partnerships with churches and other non-profit on campus organizations (FCA, 1stP, Touchstone, YFC ect.).
- Keep and manage accurate data for reporting.
- Manages and increase the effectiveness of Skatechurch, Family Dinner and other outreach events at Rocketown (Journeys shoe giveaway, Thanksgiving Giveaway, Raves).
- Find new opportunities and enhance Rocketown’s existing ministry on local campuses, community and other departments at Rocktown.
- Attend some school events (sports, concerts and graduations).
- Assist in planning and executing outreach events.
- Assist in implementing policies and procedures for the collection of data pertaining to youth and volunteer training.
- Cultivate an accountable and robust environment designed to advance the values of diversity, acceptance, love and faith.
- Additional Requirements: This position requires some nights and occasional Saturdays, special events, and other duties assigned by the Director of Outreach based on calendar of events and needs of the organization.
- Assist with and leading small groups at Rocketown and on various campuses.
- Creating and Developing Community outreaches.
- Confidence within personal Christian faith.
- Willingness to share faith through service and communications.
- Full commitment to the mission of Rocketown.
- Love for youth and commitment to youth development.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills which are capable of reaching the various demographics of students that one may find local schools.
- Flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Strong understanding of youth culture.
- Ability to work well with teachers and administrators.
- Be in full agreement with mission, vision and core values of Rocketown
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, theology, youth development, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of experience in working with youth, community networks, schools, or Christian service.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong writing ability.
- Strong ability to engage and relate to teenagers and administrators.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Solid computer skills and learning ability, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Certifications in CPR and First Aid (or willingness to acquire immediately after hired).
- Health Care, Dental, Vision and other offered
- Employer Paid Life
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match
- Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: August 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 09/20/2021
- Salary Range: $15/hr to $18.50/hr
- Working Hours: Full-Time. Hours vary per week based on program and outreach schedule, including some nights and weekends.