Outreach Coordinator – Victory Over Crime
FiftyForward is about strengthening our community of older adults 50 plus in Middle TN. Every day our team works collaboratively to create innovative programming and services, community partnerships, and equitable access to resources that support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older. During the pandemic FiftyForward delivered over 27,000 meals, made over 10,700 telephonic and socially distanced in-person contacts, and hosted over 400 virtual programs to engage older adults and combat social isolation and food insecurity. If you desire to have an impact in your community then join FiftyForward’s team now!
FiftyForward seeks candidates for part-time position of Outreach Coordinator in its Victory Over Crime program.
FiftyForward Victory Over Crime is an intensive care management program serving older adults affected by crime in Davidson County. The program offers support, care management, legal advocacy, counseling and referral to community services. The program assists with daily household needs, transportation, support at court hearings and connection to additional supportive services.
Other important information:
- Position is non-exempt, part-time (20 hours per week)
- Travel within Davidson county is required
The Victory Over Crime Outreach Coordinator offers community-based presentations to educate older adults and service providers about the program and about crime prevention in general to reduce the likelihood of elder abuse. The Victory Over Crime Outreach Coordinator recruits customers 50+ who have been affected by crime in Davidson County within the past year and need assistance to regain their independence. The Outreach Coordinator serves as a community advocate; provides community-based presentations; and initiates and maintains contact with potential and recurring referral sources.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to the mission, values, and goals of FiftyForward
- A demonstrated interest in, sensitivity to, and experience in assisting older adults and their caregivers
- Demonstrated efficacy using social media platforms and videoconferencing
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated aptitude for and comfort level with public speaking
- A bachelor’s degree in social services or a related field. Training in criminal justice is a plus
- 1 to 3 years’ experience performing outreach, speaking to groups, and making unsolicited contacts
- Ability to work part-time weekday hours with willingness to occasionally work in the evenings and on weekends
Part-time benefits package available including:
- Life insurance and long term disability
- Paid holidays including one full week at Christmas
- Generous vacation and sick leave package
How to Apply
- Date Posted: May 20, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services