Outreach Coordinator – FiftyForward Victory Over Crime
FiftyForward is offering an opportunity to combine your passion for mission and love of community in a way that can have a meaningful impact on adults 50+. As a member of a team of caring professionals you can support older adults by educating them on the latest risks and building a network of resources for those who have been victimized.
FiftyForward is currently seeking energetic and mission focused candidates interested in joining our team as the part-time Victory Over Crime Outreach Coordinator. The Outreach Coordinator plays a vital role in FiftyForward’s mission to support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older. As the Coordinator you will spend your time building a network of resources and educating individuals and communities to assist older adult victims of crime.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Public presentations and outreach activities with groups such as older adults, community centers, congregations, public forums, professionals, and students
- Working with referral sources to identify and enroll participants in the program
- Manage Victory Over Crime social media platforms for engagement and outreach
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for serving people and willingness to embrace the mission of FiftyForward
- Demonstrated support of equity and inclusion of all individuals
- A demonstrated interest in, sensitivity to, and experience in assisting older adults and their caregivers
- Demonstrated efficacy using social media platforms and videoconferencing
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated aptitude for and comfort level with public speaking
- A bachelor’s degree in social services or a related field; training in criminal justice is a plus
- 1 to 3 years’ experience performing outreach, speaking to groups, and making unsolicited contacts
- Ability to work part-time weekday hours with willingness to occasionally work in the evenings and on weekends
Additional information you should know:
- Position is part-time, non-exempt, 20 hours/week with part-time benefits that include paid holidays, paid time off, and eligibility for life insurance, long-term care and retirement plan.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
- The successful candidate must be willing to take the COVID-19 vaccine once available unless an accommodation is required by law.
Part-time benefits package available including:
- Eligible to apply for life insurance and long term disability
- Eligible to participate in retirement plnan
- Paid holidays including one full week at Christmas
- Generous vacation and sick leave package
- Hybrid remote schedule
How to Apply
Go to FiftyForward’s Careers page to apply.
- Date Posted: August 31, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 15-16.50
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; M-F