Tennessee Justice Center
Tennessee Justice Center
For over 26 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access the basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our mission?
We are looking to hire an Outreach Coordinator to build and cultivate strategic relationships with partner organizations across the state as part of our Connecting Kids to Coverage initiative. If you consider yourself a master networker and are a creative thinker who is highly organized, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
A typical day might look like:
- Developing and implementing a thorough outreach plan that connects families and individuals with TJC’s health care enrollment team
- Proactively sourcing and building relationships with state-wide community organizations, schools and/or health care centers as referral sources for new enrollees
- Attending, presenting, and distributing materials at various in-person community outreach events and collecting referrals to share with the enrollment team
- Supporting the enrollment team by taking calls, interviewing, and completing applications
This position might be for you if:
- You have never met a stranger and enjoy interacting with people daily
- You have dogged determination and sound judgment
- You are self-motivated but enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment
- You are a great communicator and active listener
This position is an even better fit if:
- You have at least four years of experience connecting community members to available resources
- You have a working knowledge of the TennCare/Medicaid system and how best to navigate it on behalf of others
- You are proficient and comfortable working in Salesforce or an equivalent data management system, such as Excel
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary, and excellent benefits, including paid time off, ten paid holidays, paid parental leave, retirement plan contribution, and high-quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Outreach Coordinator” in the email’s subject line.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 50,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8am-5pm