FiftyForward seeks candidates for part-time position of Outreach Coordinator in its Victory Over Crime program.
FiftyForward helps older adults in Davidson county live more safely and comfortably by providing access to supportive care resources that meet their needs and ultimately improve they quality of life.
FiftyForward Victory Over Crime is an intensive care management program serving older adults affected by crime in Davidson County. The program offers support, care management, legal advocacy, counseling and referral to community services. The program assists with daily household needs, transportation, support at court hearings and connection to additional supportive services.
The Victory Over Crime Outreach Coordinator offers community-based presentations to educate older adults and service providers about the program and about crime prevention in general to reduce the likelihood of elder abuse. The Victory Over Crime Outreach Coordinator recruits customers 50+ who have been affected by crime in Davidson County within the past year and need assistance to regain their independence. The Outreach Coordinator serves as a community advocate; provides community-based presentations; and initiates and maintains contact with potential and recurring referral sources.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to the mission, values, and goals of FiftyForward.
- A demonstrated interest in, sensitivity to, and experience in assisting older adults and their caregivers.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated aptitude for and comfort level with public speaking.
- A bachelor’s degree in social services or a related field. Training in criminal justice is a plus.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience performing outreach, speaking to groups, and making unsolicited contacts.
- Ability to work part-time weekday hours with willingness to occasionally work in the evenings and on weekends.
How to Apply
Go to FiftyForward Employment to apply online.
- Date Posted: January 22, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services