St. Luke's Community House
Outreach and Volunteer Manager
St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s Community House in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Outreach and Volunteer Manager to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to impact the number of clients we serve by ensuring that every referral source in Nashville knows about, and knows how to access, St. Luke’s programs and services. This position will also be responsible for recruiting and managing our volunteers who help us carry out our mission-based services.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core values of St. Luke’s Community House. We believe that the work environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together. Applicants whose work incorporates an inclusive perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and equity are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Community Outreach and Volunteer Engagement Manager is a full-time position that ensures St. Luke’s services are known about throughout the Nashville community and is responsible for creating a consistent pipeline of referrals to all programs. This position is also responsible for recruiting volunteers for St. Luke’s programs and providing meaningful volunteer opportunities to the St. Luke’s community.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships with other program managers, and St. Luke’s team members.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships with existing and potential referral sources and those that provide our organization with a pipeline of volunteers.
- Plan and implement outreach strategies and action plans that result in referrals to all St. Luke’s programs.
- Conduct outreach to and build relationships with referral partner organizations that result in increased awareness of and participation in St. Luke’s programs, as well as the Family Collective programs.
- Work with Program staff to understand programmatic goals and create strategies to effectively market programs to the community and referral partner organizations. Make adjustments as necessary to increase program referrals.
- Research, identify and attend community events and other activities to increase visibility for St. Luke’s Community House that generates program referrals.
- Responsible for planning and executing client outreach events, such as Halloween Trunk or Treat or Family Empowerment Program outreach, etc.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers for client engagement activities including, but not limited to, Christmas programs, etc.
- Increase awareness of St. Luke’s Resource Center by being familiar with best practices and by researching and making available up to date resources for our clients to access.
- Create a system to track marketing outreach efforts and partnership deliverables.
- Identify and create volunteer opportunities, which are meaningful and viable experiences for groups, both adult and youth, by partnering with key staff.
- Consults periodically with St. Luke’s staff to determine additional volunteer needs and to gather feedback on current volunteer involvement.
- Working in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, coordinate and supervise group volunteer engagements and/or other one-time volunteer opportunities.
- Conducts or coordinates staff training as it relates to interactions with volunteers.
- Creates written job descriptions for all volunteer jobs.
- Recruits, interviews and recommends placements for all prospective volunteers to deliver recurring program services.
- Conduct orientation for all volunteers to inform them of St. Luke’s volunteer procedures, educates them on all St. Luke’s programs and introduces them to staff.
- Communicates through visual, written and verbal means an overview of St. Luke’s volunteer opportunities. Maintain current list of volunteer opportunities on St. Luke’s website and Hands On Nashville website.
- Collects information on all volunteers to be entered into the volunteer database, tracking personal information and volunteer experiences.
- Reviews volunteer materials periodically and makes updates as necessary.
- Keeps informed about current laws and trends that apply to volunteer involvement.
- Designs volunteer recognition opportunities and occasions with staff, including, but not limited to Volunteer Appreciation Week.
- Upholds the confidentiality and professionalism expected of all staff and lives the values of the organization: Community, Dignity, Respect, Integrity, Sustainability.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of St. Luke’s Community House.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong ability to effectively interface with the public, including culturally diverse communities.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills and the ability to speak effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative.
- Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Engaging, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends when necessary.
- Adaptability to changing demands, deadlines, and priorities.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/general public, clients and/or vendors
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste, or smell.
- Ability to move 25 pounds
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. In addition, the candidate must be able to pass a drug test and have a clear background check.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity. We offer very competitive benefits, including paid time off, medical, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan.
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations.
No phone calls please
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer
- Date Posted: October 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40,000