Open Table Nashville
Outreach and Resource Navigator
Open Table Nashville
The Outreach and Resource Navigator builds relationships with friends experiencing homelessness, provides advocacy, and assists with connection to benefits and housing resources. The primary goal is to identify unsheltered friends through direct street outreach activities and through community referrals. In identifying highly vulnerable friends who are unhoused, the Outreach and Resource Navigator will administer assessment tools, facilitate placement into emergency housing, if needed, and provide connection to social services and permanent housing. The navigator will also assist friends in obtaining housing readiness documentation and accompany them through the housing application process.
A. STREET OUTREACH AND RESOURCING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make contact and develop person-centered rapport with people experiencing homelessness, locating and providing outreach and resources/supplies for survival and care.
- Identify needs and paths to empower people to begin working towards stabilizing their lives economically, psychologically, and physically.
- Stay up to date on where encampments are located – go out to those camps to assess needs.
- Support winter canvassing and the Annual Point in Time Count.
- Assist with organizing and oversight of periodic OTN Resource Shelters.
- Transport friends as needed.
- Collaborate in city-wide winter emergency response efforts by directing people to appropriate shelter locations via phone and email.
- Engage/supervise interns as assigned.
- Complete a Vulnerability Index Service Prioritization and Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPDAT) as appropriate to determine vulnerability and acuity of friends during street outreach as well as other outreach and referral processes.
- Assist friends with accessing resources and making referrals.
- Continue to engage with unsheltered friends until shelter or permanent housing is obtained providing support for people as they transition from homelessness to housing.
- Provide advocacy for friends when they encounter barriers.
- Assist in obtaining housing readiness documentation such as ID, social security card and income verification.
- Work with Outreach and Housing Navigators from other agencies in the region to provide team outreach services.
- Assist in identifying appropriate housing and completing housing applications.
- Establish and maintain positive, productive working relationships with mental health programs, shelter programs, police (and other local officials), and providers of services and resources to friends experiencing homelessness.
- Attend case conferences, training workshops and community meetings as needed.
B. DATA RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage friend information in OTN database and HMIS: Track individual inputs and outcomes
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Participates in Team meetings, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
- Provides contributions to social media content as requested.
- Support organizational fundraising efforts.
- Participates in development and implementation of organizational strategic plans.
- Performs other duties as designated by supervisor or agency leadership.
- Hands-on experience working with people who experience homelessness.
- Willingness to embrace interfaith dialogue and people from all walks of life.
- Proficiency in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and data tracking and management systems.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Dedication to working for justice.
- Guiding care and concern for the unity and well-being of Open Table Nashville.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service-related field, two years of direct service with people experiencing homelessness, or one year of pastoral care education, experience, and training; OR, any equivalent combination of experience/education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been gained.
- Alignment with OTN’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Driver’s license, clean DMV record, and automobile liability insurance required.
Open Table Nashville is an equal provider of services and an equal opportunity employer–Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Posted qualifications serve as a guide for candidate review and are not fixed in stone. Open Table Nashville reserves the right to deviate from posted credentials in determining what combination of candidate education, experience and skills are best suited to a position.
Open Table Nashville provides a $300 monthly health insurance stipend. To receive the stipend, proof of insurance is required. A phone will be given to you as well as a monthly technology stipend for use of your personal laptop. Additionally, beacuse this position requires a lot of drive time, OTN provides up to $100 weekly in mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to OTN’s Operations Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: November 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: mid $30,000