Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For over three decades, Project Return has been doing the work of prisoner reentry in Nashville, facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound intensive case management and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration.
Responsible for managing and handling day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency and time management. The Operations Specialist organizes and coordinates administration duties and office procedures in addition to creating and maintains
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain insurance policies and act as point person for insurance certificate requests from staff, vendors and clients
- Safety Officer. Responsible for sending out emails about any changes to office hours due to weather, holidays, and schedules safety drills
- COVID Safety Officer. Maintains knowledge and awareness of COVID guidelines and sends out weekly emails
- Manage phone systems, both landline and cell phone plan including devices, numbers, insurance, changes, online account management
- File and maintain documents for insurance claims for vehicles, property, theft, injury, workers comp
- Manage email accounts, email groups, and domains for organization. Monitor pri email account
- Manage alarm security system, serve as point person for alarm company and dispatch center
- Upload job postings, scheduling interviews, conduct onboarding of new hires and processing new hire paperwork and benefits
- Oversee building maintenance and coordinate service request
- Update and maintain operations manuals and personnel policies
- Assess IT needs and seek out solutions and improvements
- Oversee collection and yearly reporting of Title VI documents
- Process all incoming mail in accordance with fiscal policy
- Oversee inventory of office equipment assigned to staff
- Create and submit invoices for payment.
- Process credit card and check requests and deposits
- Complete annual inventory of storage units
- Keeps annual subscriptions updated
- Liaise with the Bookkeeping company (scan documents and provided requested documentation)
- Process payroll.
- Manage Accounts Receivables. Ensure vendors are paying in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements/Qualifications: Motivation to assist others with the transition from incarceration to a full and free life. Proven relationship-building ability required. Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong people skills and the ability to relate to a broad cross-section of the community from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds; good organizational and record-keeping skills with the ability to multitask. Self-motivated, team-spirited, and a strong desire to work for an organization helping people make a new beginning, and an understanding of how this work benefits both the individual and the community.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Competitive pay. Medical, dental, and vision benefits included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Hanna Naum-Stoian, and indicate “Senior Accountant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
- Date Posted: November 4, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm