Franklin Tomorrow Inc.
Operations & Program Administrator
Franklin Tomorrow Inc.
The Operations & Programs Administrator is an experienced and highly capable individual who supports the Executive Director and Board of Directors in the implementation of Franklin Tomorrow’s activities. The Operations Administrator works at the direction of the Executive Director in support of the operational and administrative needs of the organization. The Operations Administrator will work together with the Executive Director, Board members, and volunteers to promote efficient and effective operations, quality public events, and organizational meetings.
Franklin Tomorrow is a community visioning nonprofit serving Franklin, Tenn., and those who live, work and play in the community. Our mission is to engage the community, foster collaboration, and advocate for a shared vision for the future of Franklin. That shared vision is for Franklin to be a city with a robust economy, vibrant neighborhoods, distinct character, and great people.
The Operations & Programs Administrator plays a key role in the organization, interacting with key elected, business and community leaders as part of the organization’s mission of influencing the future of Franklin.
EVENTS & MEETING COORDINATION (60%)
- Works with Executive Director, other staff and volunteer committee chairs to schedule organization-sponsored events.
- Ensures that appropriate venues are scheduled and confirmed for the organization’s events as well as Board and committee meetings as required.
- Coordinates and supervises event logistics, including online registration platforms, invitations and attendee lists, equipment and audiovisual needs, other logistical support and set-up, sponsor/contributor coordination, speaker support, refreshments, and all other aspects.
- Coordinates onboarding of sponsors and ensures sponsor recognition efforts are appropriate and meet commitments made by Franklin Tomorrow.
- Coordinates post-event communication & evaluation.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with accuracy.
- Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to gauge sense of urgency, use independent problem-solving skills, and seek or accept direction from Executive Director as needed.
- Prepares materials, email notifications, calendar invitation and reminder management for committees and Board of Directors’ meetings and oversees on-site preparation.
- Maintain a personal property inventory for the organization.
- In cooperation with Executive Director, ensure all financial, budgeting, and reporting requirements are met.
- Manage ongoing donor management software and contributor tracking and acknowledgements.
- Coordinate organization’s online media presence, including Web site maintenance and updates, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for Franklin Tomorrow and its initiatives, including Get Fit Franklin.
- Leads efforts in maintaining and expanding Franklin Tomorrow’s Get Fit Franklin initiative, including committee meetings and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned and identified.
- Strong event planning and management background with hospitality and guest experience desired.
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products, as well as experienced in other software and online programs, such as Zoom.
- Flexible schedule required, with early morning, late afternoon and occasional weekend hours needed.
- Experience/coursework with marketing preferred.
- Experience/coursework with web design/graphic design a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds independently.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Salary depends on skills and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
The successful candidate will have a background/interest in event planning, marketing and/or business communication, and a desire to work for a community-driven organization. The Operations Administrator will take pride in managing event-related data, assisting with event logistics and administrative needs, and coordinating/executing communications plans to drive attendance and improve overall event performance. The successful candidate will be a service-minded individual who exhibits proven leadership, excellent problem-solving skills, and possesses the ability to anticipate & respond to needs in a fast-paced environment. It is important the Operations Administrator possess a creative spirit and desire to approach issues in a way which will result in a positive impact on the Franklin community and those who live, work and play in it. This person should also exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects positively on Franklin Tomorrow and its Board members and staff.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Associates degree or higher, with equivalent professional experience accepted
Knowledge of Franklin/Williamson County community a plus, as well as interest in civic issues.
- Salary depends on skills and experience
- Health & dental insurance, plus HSA contribution
- Downtown Franklin office location with nearby free parking
- Business casual dress
- Energizing work environment
How to Apply
Franklin Tomorrow offers a downtown Franklin office location with nearby free parking, business casual dress, and an energizing work environment. To apply, please send an email or cover letter explaining your interest along with your resume to email@example.com. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS
To learn more about Franklin Tomorrow, visit www.Franklintomorrow.org.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Contact Information and Procedure:
PO Box 383
Franklin, TN 37065
- Date Posted: June 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
- Salary Range: TBD
- Working Hours: Full- to part-time, M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.