Westminster Home Connection
Westminster Home Connection
The Operations Manager is a key leader of the agency. This position monitors and communicates the status of agency goals to staff, Board members and supporters. The Operations Manager handles client communications, administrative duties, and other duties in the day-to-day operations of our office. Duties are wide-reaching, from answering the phone and client intake to building relationships and problem-solving with community leaders.
Why work for Westminster Home Connection? We repair and modify homes to empower older adults and persons with disabilities to age in place safely. In our rewarding work atmosphere, we work together to improve our community. We are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization.
Initial duties include monitoring agency and grant goals, client intake, coordinating client cases with referral agencies and our construction staff, overseeing construction subcontractors, maintaining email and mailing lists of supporters, volunteer recruitment and management, grant writing and reporting, accounting and recordkeeping, answering the agency phone, mail and emails, handling other day-to-day office duties, social media, and quarterly newsletters. An applicant is expected to have most but not all of these skills. We offer orientation and training.
Most work is done on site in our office at 3900 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37205. There are occasional opportunities to work from home.
- Exceptional organization skills, including the ability to keep data organized and projects on-time
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment
- Sensitivity to the needs of older adults and persons with disabilities. Desire and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Able to work calmly and efficiently resolve conflicts in sensitive situations
- Bachelor or Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to use general office equipment/hardware, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and other web-based data sharing systems. Ability to learn new and/or customized software.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
- A valid driver’s license.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience. We offer paid vacation and holidays, a supplemental payment for health insurance, and a 3% matching contribution to a Simple IRA.
We support career development. Depending on the agency’s need and the individual’s skills, training areas can include leadership, case management, information technology, maintaining databases, grant reporting, accounting, and construction.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 08/02/2021
- Salary Range: TBD
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F 8:00 am -5:00pm