Agape Animal Rescue
Agape Animal Rescue
Exciting job opportunity to join the leadership team at a growing not-for-profit animal rescue based in Middle Tennessee. This position will maintain team efficiency and develop new operational strategies to support our mission of finding loving homes for abandoned and displaced dogs through our signature foster and adoption program while cultivating better communities dog training, owner education and outreach programs. If you are a creative, self-motivated, enthusiastic animal lover with a strong background in effective nonprofit management, Agape Animal Rescue is the place for you.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline a team of staff members and key volunteers.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Manage the planning, execution and expansion of operational programs.
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Cultivate, manage and maintain relationships with key operations vendors.
- Work directly with Executive and Development Directors to ensure the staff in operations have all the tools and education needed to perform jobs to the best of his or her ability.
- Co-organizes monthly operational meetings.
- Responsible for researching and deciding on animal medical treatments within a budget.
- Passion for the organization’s mission.
- Strategic self-starter. Self-motivated to meet and exceed operational goals.
- Able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships to meet business objectives.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate, write clearly and informatively.
- Understand unique needs and relationships with donors and volunteer communities, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks, and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Follow instructions, take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments, ability to keep confidences when necessary.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, is able to build morale and group commitment to goal, supports everyone’s efforts, willingness to negotiate and compromise.
Experience: Animal welfare and/or human service experience preferred. Strong interpersonal and writing skills, experience in motivating staff, board members and volunteers. Change management experience desired. Understanding of basic and/or extreme dog medical care and treatments desired.
Education: Industry certification or related college degree preferred.
Technical Skills: Ability to work with shelter management software (ShelterLuv), skilled with social media platforms, Microsoft Office, and Google docs. Preferred experience with Canva and Emma.
Work Location: Work from home! Some weekend and evening work required.
Success: Measured by personal and team accomplishments in relation to goals set in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Exciting job opportunity to join the leadership team at a growing not-for-profit animal rescue based in Middle Tennessee. Work from home, paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays. Flex time….oh yeah, and puppy kisses!
How to Apply
Send resume to Tanya@agaperescue.org and if you have a dog, feel free to brag on them!
- Date Posted: June 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 07/05/2021