Safe Haven Family Shelter
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Perform general duties of customer service, staff support, and administration. Support client families, families in need requesting services, donors, volunteers, board members, and staff. Provide extensive support to program department.
- Accurately prepare grant drawdown packets for all federal grants according to funder guidelines
- Cut manual checks. Coordinate mailings including weekly check runs. Track all financial assistance in Salesforce and prepare expenses for grant reimbursements
- Manage all Safe Haven operations to ensure organizational processes run smoothly; develop new processes where appropriate
- Maintain vendor relationships, including requests for building maintenance
- Oversee HR tasks including onboarding of new employees and maintaining complete and compliant HR files
- Ensure that employees have all the supplies, technology, etc. that they need to complete their job tasks
- Manage communications to board of directors and board committees and prepare materials for meetings
- Create, edit and review Standard Operating Procedures for HR, Operations and Administrative tasks.
- Lead reconciliation process for all agency credit cards, ensuring they are properly coded and submitted for grant reimbursement
- Coordinate mailings including weekly check runs. Track all financial assistance in Salesforce and prepare expenses for grant reimbursements
- Assist with annual audit
- Create monthly staff e-newsletter and PowerPoint for all staff meeting
- Monitor employee time tracking to ensure time card records are complete and approved by payroll deadlines
- Supervise logistics for Safe Haven Christmas donation program
- Support Administrative Assisting in maintaining Safe Haven vehicles, including scheduling regular maintenance and repairs
- Support Safe Haven staff meetings and community building efforts as needed
- Provide additional data and administrative support for program department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong customer service orientation
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands; great organization skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong attention to detail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work Environment: Office setting.
- Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
Competitive starting salary and excellent benefits!
Starting salary, commensurate with experience and education:
****Hiring Bonus of $2,000 on first pay check and an additional $2,000 after working with Safe Haven for six months ($4,000 total).
- 100% Employer-paid health and dental for individuals ($6,000 value for employee enrolled in individual plan)
- Additional discounted family coverage available as well (Up to $11,500 value for employee enrolled in family plan)
- 18 PTO Days plus 8 sabbatical days annually
- 16 Paid Holidays annually
- Paid parental/family leave
- 401K Plan (with 5% employer match)
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Voluntary vision and life insurance
How to Apply
To apply, please click on this link then “Apply for this position.” Here you will have the opportunity to upload a resume and cover letter.
In creating your cover letter please carefully follow these instructions. The cover letter should speak specifically to your interest in this particular position, and discuss how you meet the following key requirements for the position: strong customer service orientation; a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands; great organization skills; excellent computer skills; and strong attention to detail.
(Please do not upload a generic cover letter. We are interested in knowing your specific interest and fit for this position.)
No phone calls please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: June 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 60-67,000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am - 5pm, Some Flexibility Required