The Healing Trust
The Healing Trust
Reports to: CEO
The Healing Trust is a 501(c)(3) private foundation. Our mission is to support and partner with communities to advance racial equity and eliminate health disparities through advocacy and strategic investments. The Healing Trust furthers the work of non-profit agencies providing health related services to populations in Middle Tennessee who are marginalized due to power systems such as sexism and racism that produce inequitable opportunities and outcomes.
For more information, please go to the website http://healingtrust.org.
Position Summary: The Operations Director position is an important member of a small and effective philanthropic organization. This position provides support for operations of the agency including financial administration, human resources/benefits administration, and IT support. This position provides administrative assistance to the Board of Trust and the CEO.
As with all jobs at The Trust, the Operations Director is expected to be an active and supportive team member who lives the values of The Healing Trust.
Agency Financial Operations
- Processes accounts payable, expense reimbursements, journal entries, grant payments, and audit confirmation requests
- Prepares & makes deposits as necessary
- Maintains vendor spreadsheet
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations
- Processes checks when necessary
- Transcribes and prepares Board minutes (Finance & Investment Committee, Nominating Committee, and Audit Committee)
- Maintains databases, files, and document storage/retention as outlined by policies and procedures
- Maintains and updates Tennessee tax exemption status and documentation
- Obtains and maintains vendor W-9s and processes 1099s
- Prepares vendor list for CEO Review semi-annually from Quickbooks Online
- Supports the organization annual audit
- Reviews all fiscal policies annually to ensure compliance
- Oversees all aspects of the Trustee and Staff Directed Donation program
- Completes insurance renewals and maintains insurance policies
- Completes annual filing with the Secretary of State
- Creates and maintains operations processes documentation/manual
- Provides technical assistance to nonprofit partners regarding internal controls, as appropriate.
- Participates, as needed, in special organizational projects
Human Resources Support
- Assists the CEO with the human resources functions, including acting as back up for payroll approval with outsourced CPA firm
- Ensures new hire paperwork is collected
- Works with Benefits Provider on annual benefits renewals
- Ensures compliance with 401K plan
- Communicates annually with employees about deductions and on an as needed basis about benefits, completes Payroll Change Forms when needed
- Ensures Employee Handbook and policies are equitable and updated
- Serves as a resource for employees on employee benefits and policies
- Assists in employee professional development and performance review management
IT Support and Management
- Serves as IT liaison (new employee/intern IT set-up, email administrator in AppRiver, Duo Administrator, and phone system administrator)
- Communicates and manages outsourced IT provider when there are IT issues
- Orders, tracks, supports, and maintains office IT and A-V equipment.
Provide Leadership in accordance with The Trust’s Mission and Values
- Provide supervision and feedback to Office and Events Manager
- Support the CEO and team in making strategic decisions
- Demonstrated commitment to equitable health outcomes for all. This includes the understanding and ability to apply a racial equity analysis to the work of The Healing Trust internally through the implementation of its policies and practices.
- Experience with supervising direct reports. This may include recruiting, hiring, orienting, coaching and providing on-going feedback; performance planning, evaluation and professional development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a small and diverse team, being both a collaborative team player and a self-motivated initiator
- Exceptional time-management and planning skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain exceptional organization with all records and files
- Assure 95-100% accuracy in all accounting work; ability to review work and correct errors independently
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and efficiencies and work with the team to implement them
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience with QuickBooks Online and accounts payable functions is required
- Combined four years of full-time work experience in bookkeeping, operations or nonprofit administration is required
- Excellent written and spoken (English) communication, and robust administrative skills required
- Computer literacy including MS Office products and database management. Ability to learn other computer applications as needed
- Experience managing IT and troubleshooting technology issues preferred
- Reliable transportation
This position offers a flexible work schedule and work environment. Ability to attend staff meetings, board meetings, team events/circles, and special programs in person and meet with outsourced IT provider in person is required.
The Healing Trust is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color.
Salary and Benefits:
The Salary Range for this position is $76,800-$96,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health insurance (employee’s coverage provided at 100%,) dental insurance, health savings account, 401K and 401K matching program, professional development opportunities, paid time off and paid parental leave.
The Healing Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to HTOperationsDirector@gmail.com. Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 18, 2021.
- Date Posted: May 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Philanthropy / CSR
- Salary Range: $76,800-$96,000