Japan-America Society of Tennessee
Japan-America Society of Tennessee
Headquartered in Nashville, JAST’s mission is to strengthen a vibrant bilateral economic future for Tennessee and Japan by building upon long-standing relationships and promoting mutual understanding and cultural awareness among Japanese and American communities in Tennessee.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations and Program Coordinator participates as a critical part of the JAST team. They are responsible for coordinating many aspects of the JAST office, including maintaining JAST’s membership database, creating and assisting with marketing materials, and assisting with a variety of society-wide activities and duties including programs and Festivals. This position also provides coordination of and administrative support for JAST’s Signature Events; marketing efforts including weekly news digests, monthly newsletters, and social media; correspondence to JAST Board, members, and other groups and individuals; and support of the JAST staff. This position is based in Tennessee and is a part-time position of 20-hours per week.
- Reports to: CEO
- Management Responsibility: Assists management of volunteers during programs
- Works Closely With: Director of Program & Membership Development, Contract workers, Members, Volunteers, and Board Members
- This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week.
Coordinates operations of the JAST office.
- Manage and organize assorted subscriptions and annual operational renewals for JAST.
- Supports and assists JAST staff in managing JAST’s office and administrative needs including:
- Coordinates with JAST staff on picking up and distribute incoming mail on a weekly basis and coordinates bulk mailings;
- Maintain virtual and physical records;
- Database management;
- Monitoring JAST email and telephone.
- Attend and participate in staff and Board Meetings, in person or virtually as required.
- Assists JAST staff with all aspects of Board meetings, including corresponding with Board members and preparing Board meeting materials. Assists in setup and management of Board meetings whether in person or virtual.
- Provide weekly report of activity.
- Participate in evaluating and developing processes and systems for use by the JAST team including: ideas for storage, travel, expense reporting, meetings, marketing, streamlining operations, solutions for efficiency and economy.
Coordinates Membership Management & Communication:
- Helps manage membership software and CRM for website, contacts, eblast creation, and event announcements and registration while maintaining accurate membership records. Research and apply effective ways to utilize membership management software.
- Coordinates and manages JAST’s newsletter and weekly English News Digest.
- Coordinates JAST social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) and websites.
- Working with JAST staff, makes updates of events, membership information, photos, etc. for the JAST English and Japanese website.
- Creates digital collateral for events, e-blasts, and other communications.
- Develop a working knowledge of Wild Apricot and Mail Chimp, or other identified CRM.
- Participates with JAST staff in the development of new JAST programs to meet member needs and value propositions for members.
- Participates in membership development alongside JAST staff.
Program and Activity Support:
JAST’s annual events include the Memphis Japan Festival, The Mitsui Lecture Series, Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival, Southeast U.S.-Japan Conference, Tennessee-Japan Forum and Annual Member Meeting, Women’s Leadership Forum & Networking Forum, and additional member events, cultural training events, partnership programs, golf outings, and outreach events.
- Is an active member in supporting all programs and outreach efforts for JAST.
- Will be onsite during set-up, program execution, and clean-up of all in-person programs and events to assist and support JAST staff and partners.
- Supporting JAST staff in many aspects of the planning process which includes attending or preparing for meetings with JAST staff or partners.
- Assisting JAST staff in development of marketing and sponsorship collateral.
- Assisting JAST staff in managing many aspects of program planning including: vendor communication, registration, nametags, invoices, billing, and more.
- Managing registration, including: creating registration page, managing RSVPs and inquiries, managing virtual meeting software, managing payment or refunds, and more.
- Coordinating and supporting promotion of events through direct marketing, social media, e-blasts, and more.
- Answering or appropriately forwarding incoming program-based inquiries; communicating with participants.
- creating event materials as needed (ie: names tags), assisting on grant reporting, accounting, and other administrative or supportive duties as needed.
Assists JAST staff in planning and execution of the Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival and Memphis Japan Festival.
- Attends Festival committee meetings.
- Works closely with Director of Programs & Membership Development in festival logistics, supply purchasing, site layout, and more.
- Manages volunteer coordination:
- Manages online registration for volunteers and is point of contact for questions and information;
- Prepares schedule, communicates with volunteers leading up to the Festival;
- Works with Volunteer coordinator prior to and during the Festival for volunteer management.
- Assists CEO in sponsorship solicitation.
- Manages and updates websites and social media.
- Required to be onsite during all aspects of the Festival including: set-up, Festival day, and clean-up to assist and support JAST staff, Festival staff, and Festival partners.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bachelor’s degree with professional work experience in a business environment is required; experience with non-profit organizations is a plus. This person is required to be located in Tennessee, Middle Tennessee is preferred. Interest in Japan and Japanese culture and/or language is required and knowledge of Japanese culture or Japanese language is preferred, or other multi-cultural experience.
- Highly proficient and comfortable with technology, digital communications, social media, other digital tools.
- JAST currently uses: Google / G-Suite, Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams), Zoom, Mail Chimp, Canva, and Wild Apricot as its events and client management software.
- Outstanding organization abilities and attention to detail with proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Highly proficient with writing a variety of materials including, but not limited to, social media posts, newsletter copy, correspondence with members and VIPs, grants, etc.
- Experience in coordinating and preparing for meetings, especially with high-level participants.
- Comfortable working with a culturally and socioeconomically diverse audience.
- Comfortable working remotely and with a small team; is a self-starter and a team player.
- Ability to work a traditional schedule remotely with occasional evenings and weekends. Variations in work volume sometimes require extended working hours. It is required to be available for all in-person events.
- Experience with accounting or bookkeeping, especially a familiarity with Quickbooks, or with the ability to learn quickly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel by automobile and/or air to program sites for special events.
Essential Job Functions:
JAST complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the CEO, Madeline Adams, email@example.com.
Benefits to be explained.
How to Apply
To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: December 16, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture