The TN Performing Arts Center
The TN Performing Arts Center
The Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to apply in order to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture. All staff will work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity. TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Operations Coordinator supports the Event Operations team with scheduling, invoice processing and facilitating key tasks as needed. This position will be responsible for daily administrative functions that include mail pick up, sorting and scanning checks, ordering office supplies and maintaining conference room and vehicle reservations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
• Assist Event Operations teams with scheduling part-time staff, processing/creating invoices and printing parking vouchers when needed.
• Assist Event Operations with venue tours for new employees, vendors or as needed.
• Manage distribution of TPAC schedules to TPAC staff, vendors, and stakeholders.
• Assist with the coordination of large meetings including ordering meals from an outside vendor and drinks from our Food & Beverage department when needed.
• Act as liaison with the State of Tennessee when processing free parking decals for TPAC employees.
• Pick-up mail daily, open, sort and ensure packages are routed to the appropriate person.
• Separate and scan incoming checks and enter information into TPAC system.
• Maintain office areas to ensure neat and clean with support from housekeeping team.
• Manage schedule and reservations for conference rooms and TPAC vehicle.
• Monitor and order inventory for office and breakrooms.
• Submitting work orders and scheduling repairs for general office space and equipment.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Able to communicate effectively with varying levels of staff as well as outside vendors in a positive manner.
• Proactive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
• Demonstrates helpful and cooperative conduct to co-workers.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Eighteen (18) years or older with basic skills in reading and math.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
Microsoft Office Suite, VenueOps, ADP Workforce.
Intermediate level of expertise in Microsoft Office Products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
• Frequently lifting up to 20 pounds.
• This position requires in office attendance during normal business hours M – F and could on occasion include nights, weekends, and holidays if required by Event Operations Team.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, STD/LTD, Life & AD&D, discounts to shows
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our career portal
- Date Posted: September 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture