Governor's Early Literacy Foundation
Governor's Early Literacy Foundation
Are you an energetic team player? Are you looking for an administrative role that helps Tennessee’s children become lifelong learners? Do you want to join a collaborative team of fun, driven individuals?
GOVERNOR’S EARLY LITERACY FOUNDATION
Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation (GELF) equips Tennessee’s children with books and innovative literacy tools that encourage lifelong learning for a brighter future. GELF is a non-partisan 501c3 driven by a mission to strengthen early literacy in Tennessee by acting as a thought leader, advisor, and catalyst for programs across the state. These programs include Birth-5 Book Delivery through Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, K-3 Home Library, Caregiver Engagement, Book Buses, and Storybook Trails. GELF was founded in 2004 by former Gov. Phil Bredesen as a public-private partnership to sustain Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library in Tennessee, giving all birth to age five children the opportunity to receive books in the mail at no cost to families. GELF has grown from solely a book-gifting program partner to an early literacy organization driven by a vision where all Tennessee children have access to the resources, guidance, and support they need to become lifelong learners.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to be the Operations Coordinator. This role will report to the Executive Operations Manager and work with the entire team to help ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation (GELF). The role will assist with enrollment in Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, assist with donor acknowledgment, event preparation, setup, tear-down, and overall operations in our office.
- Customer Service
- Whether internal or external, this role provides excellent customer service to colleagues, stakeholders, and partners through written, oral, and personal communications.
- Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient office operations.
- Provide support for visitors, phone calls, and email inquiries.
- Maintain supplies inventory in the office; anticipating the needs of the team.
- Provide support for planning and executing Foundation events throughout the year.
- Assist in setting up and breaking down events held across the state of Tennessee.
- Manage the donor acknowledgment process for corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Maintain data in the donor database with consistency and attention to detail for all gifts.
- Data Entry:
- Assist the entire team with various data entry projects.
- Ongoing data entry related to enrollment in Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- A self-aware, emotionally intelligent, conscientious member of the team who values self-improvement and lifelong learning.
- Team Member
- As a nonprofit team, we often take on other duties outside of the traditional scope of our work; you’ll join us in doing what it takes to support our mission and strengthen early literacy in Tennessee!
- College degree or 2+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Nonprofit operations or Office Manager/Assistant experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- TN Consolidated Retirement
- Great team and office culture
How to Apply
- Please follow this link:: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/d3D/c37ae8ac-35ce-4bdf-8d49-083924a033f8?type=candidateba
- Send your resume, and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: September 5, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 10/15/2023
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
- Working Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, M-F