The Operations Associate at Mosaic Changemakers will assure that Mosaic delivers exceptional and immersive program experiences to its community and achieves operational excellence within the organization.
The Associate will play a critical role in executing gatherings that inspire, uplift and nurture our Fellows as well as in maintaining the institutional functions that will allow Mosaic to thrive.
First-year high-level goals for the first two years are:
o Prepare and execute program events with excellence, efficiency, and replicability.
o Plan, coordinate, and manage the Mosaic Fellowship application process yielding 2-3 diverse cohorts of leaders on the scheduled timeframes.
o Manage ongoing operational processes and data to keep the team efficient, assure consistent high-quality operations, and yield insights for strategic decision making.
o Support effective engagement with Mosaic Board of Directors and maintain a communications calendar for organizational updates to the Mosaic community.
This position will be the third full-time team member and will need to be an eager and curious generalist who is excited to build things, to learn from the work, and to research and tailor solutions to challenges met along the way. That said, there are some specific skills and competencies that the team needs in this position.
- Impeccable organization skills and extreme attention to detail. There will frequently be times when the Operations Associate is managing multiple projects and needs to keep other team members and participants moving effectively toward deadlines. In many cases, the associate will be building the process to keep things organized.
- Ability to manage exceptional events for groups of ~30 people. Mosaic operates program events (whether virtual or in-person) at an extremely high-level. The Operations Associate will make sure that no detail is overlooked and that all participants have a powerful and engaging experience during which logistics are seamless.
- Process orientation and planning ability. There are many examples of things that Mosaic has only done once, maybe twice and probably not more than four times. Many of these things Mosaic plans to do MANY more times with increasing volume. The Operations Associate will set the stage for successful growth and increasing effectiveness by creating strong plans, documenting processes and collecting and organizing relevant data.
- Engaging and clear communication skills. The Operations Associate will be in regular contact with Fellows and Alumni, consultants, vendors and event staff, and board members. These stakeholders need to feel connected to and valued by the organization AND to be held accountable for action items and meeting deadlines. Clear and proactive communication is essential to achieving these goals.
- Medical insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Mobile data plan reimbursement
- Home office and technology stipend
- Annual professional development funds
- Co-working space for teamwork
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 05/09/2022
- Salary Range: $45k - $60k
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk: M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.