Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Junior Achievement: Empowering young people to own their economic success®
At Junior Achievement, we give young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. Our corporate and community volunteers deliver relevant, hands-on experiences that give students from kindergarten through high school knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship. JA programs empower students to make a connection between what they learn in school and how it can be applied in the real world – enhancing the relevance of their classroom learning and increasing their understanding of the value of staying in school.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
POSITION CONCEPT: The Operations Assistant is involved with all departments of the organization, providing key support for the mission of JA. They will assist with ensuring the smooth operations of the office and directly support the JA President and the Sr. Director of Operations & Programs.
- Bookkeeping – preparation of deposits along with entry into accounting software, preparing vendor invoices for payment, maintaining and reviewing payables and receivables, assisting with month end close, preparing reports for preparation of cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Office support, including answering and directing calls, greeting visitors, sorting mail, assisting with sign in of volunteers for onsite programs.
- Administrative support, including composing and drafting correspondence for President and Senior Management Team, maintaining calendars, preparing materials for board and other meetings as required, and light sorting and filing duties.
- Facility support, including managing use of meeting rooms, assisting with IT and other technology management, liaising with vendors, assisting in management of office maintenance, and supporting Director of Operations as needed.
- Assist in other duties as needed including special projects, special events, and fundraisers, which includes some after hours work.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
- Associates degree in business administration or equivalent required, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Must be detail orientated, organized and enthusiastic,
- Must have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Must be flexible, able to manage multiple projects at once and function effectively under pressure,
- Must have a professional attitude and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment,
- Must have excellent computer literacy (including Microsoft Office), and experience with accounting software,
- 2 years experience with administrative and financial support.
Vacation, holiday and sick leave
Benefits, including health, dental and vision
Short term disability
Optional long term disability and additional life insurance at employee cost
401k after 12 months of employement with 3% employer contribution
How to Apply
Please send resume with cover to Rachel Dyer, Sr Director of Operations & Programs by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: October 7, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Salary Range: 16-18/hr depending on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm