Linden Waldorf School
Linden Waldorf School
As part of the administrative team, and under the general supervision of the Director of Administration, this position interacts on a daily basis with students, parents, and teachers. They will perform front office administrative duties, and other related office management assignments at Linden Waldorf School.
- Communicate with visitors, prospective parents, parents, and faculty.
- Provide first aid and basic health care to ill and injured students; contact parents, according to established guidelines.
- Act as initial contact (via phone, email, and in person) in the School’s front office.
- Direct individuals to the correct person and/or efficiently resolve their concerns.
- Maintain and coordinate the Master School Calendar.
- Maintain and coordinate facility use schedule.
- Track daily student and staff attendance.
- Create and maintain school database and generate the directory, mailing, and distribution lists.
- Establish and implement office procedures as needed.
- Perform and organize a wide variety of secretarial, clerical and support duties for school, administrative team, teachers, and school committees in an efficient manner.
- Independently compose a variety of materials, such as letters, memoranda, bulletins, requisitions, claims, reports, and statistical data from rough drafts, or verbal instructions.
- Edit and proofread communications to parents, students, the community and staff; arrange for distribution.
- Coordinate the process of purchasing supplies & materials to include processing of requisitions, receipt, verification, and distribution of materials.
- Assist Business Manager with accounting procedures
- Track immunization records
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to plan and manage projects; prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with diverse groups.
- Ability to multi-task and determine priorities to meet deadlines and schedules, both independently and supervised.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced environment, often dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain a cheerful, relaxed, respectful, pleasing personality when working with others, regardless of the situation.
All interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
High school diploma required supplemented by office management experience
1 – 2 years Administrative experience
Familiarity with Google Suite
1 – 2 years experience in an educational or school setting
Knowledge or interest in Waldorf Education
Physical Job Requirements for all Linden Waldorf School Employees
Must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, standing or sitting.
- Move about to reach students and/or access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly/occasionally operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Ascend/descend stairs and traverse campus
- Position self as needed, including bending, crouching, kneeling, lifting, reaching.
- Lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Frequently communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and leadership.
- Actively supervise students with focus even when distractions present.
- Work in various outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Dental, Health, Vision
How to Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture