Nashville Entrepreneur Center
Nashville Entrepreneur Center
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of office management experience.
You will be an integral part of the foundational operations of the EC. Your role will be to own and support the functions that make it possible for the EC to deliver a ‘fabled service’ experience for the community, entrepreneurs, donors, and the team.
You will work in tandem with the EC team:
- to support the HR and finance functions of the organization.
- to manage the facility experience, including facility management and facility vendor relationships.
- to own the front desk experience.
- to facilitate IT and A/V vendor partnerships.
- to provide general operations support as needed.
The Office Manager’s responsibilities may be adjusted based on the organization’s needs as it evolves to adapt to the community’s needs.
- Finance: Make daily deposits, work with our accounting vendor on A/P, review and approve staff expense reports, and prepare the company’s bi-monthly expense report and credit card reconciliation.
- Human Resources: Facilitate onboarding and off-boarding functions. Arrange ongoing staff training and benefits open enrollment sessions.
- Facility Management: Manage the EC’s facility vendors to address ongoing maintenance, plan for future needs, and address repairs. Practice facility love for a best-in-class physical community experience for members and guests via morning pre-open, midday, and close of business walk-throughs and door schedules.
- Front Desk Experience: Own the front desk experience. Engage walk-ins, phone calls, and online inquiries. Facilitate traffic control for incoming appointments and in-person meeting room requests. Coordinate and archive EC security and parking assets used by members, advisors, and staff. Identify and source desk coverage needs.
- IT and A/V: Work with the EC’s partners to ensure effective, secure, and working technology that meets (ideally exceeds) the needs of the team, organization, and community.
- General Operations Support: In addition to general office support, such as ensuring the office is stocked with supplies, duties will include the Office Manager’s assistance with needs that arise unexpectedly during the normal course of business.
- Professional in engaging with people, appearance, and demeanor
- Multi-tasker that can change direction quickly while also prioritizing what’s important
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be independently motivated and effective
- Proactively attentive to details in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in office management or similar role.
- Nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in basic accounting activities (A/R, A/P, credits, debits).
- Proficient in various project management software, Microsoft software, and Google Apps.
This is a full-time, exempt position and based in Nashville, TN.
- The salary range will be communicated during the interview process.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical and life insurance with dental, vision, and disability options. Plus, a 401(k) matching option.
- Flexibility in how work is accomplished with respect for work/life balance.
How to Apply
To apply, please go to www.ec.co/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question, inquiry, or application will be used to limit or exclude any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: September 18, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 10/05/2020
- Working Hours: M-F, some weekends/evenings